We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kendra
Just Said Yes October 2022

Wedding planner?

Kendra, on July 22, 2020 at 10:59 AM Posted in Planning 0 31
Saved Save
Who all has a wedding planner and who all is just doing it themselves? I don’t think I want a wedding planner but I am just curious

31 Comments

Latest activity by Angel, on July 27, 2020 at 6:18 PM
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I did my wedding myself but I did hire a day of coordinator just to help me set up on the day of
  • L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I do not have a wedding planner. I've been following the checklist on The Knot instead, and this has worked out well for me so far.
  • Blair
    Super June 2021
    Blair ·
    • Flag

I hired and wedding planner because towards the end of my planning I began to get a bit overwhelmed. I know I want to be as carefree as possible on my big day so I hired a day of coordinator.

• Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t hire anyone but a day of coordinator would have been worth it
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    You can meet in the middle by picking out your own style of decor and hiring vendors you mesh with, and having a day of coordinator to make the day flow easier.
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I am not hiring a wedding planner. I tend to be very organized & know what I want/have a clear vision of it. However, I will be having a day of coordinator to help out with everything and make the day as stress-free as possible
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I had a planner/DOC that I worked hand in hand with. It was very nice because I essentially picked/planned everything, but my planner ordered everything and coordinated with vendors. It takes the stress off of you as the bride.

• Elizabeth
    Super June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

Our package has an event coordinator that steps in about a month ahead of time, and a DOC and bridal attendant on the day of. Technically we have someone called a planner now, too, but she doesn't really do the planning. She just gives advice and helps us figure out what direction to go in, but then we execute it.

• Amy
    Devoted October 2019
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t hire one, but my venue did have a set up team for the day of. I just gave them my personal decorations to add. If you don’t have help from your venue, it might be a good idea to hire a day of coordinator for set up/take down
  • Rebelle Fleur
    VIP July 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    I planned every single detail by myself ( with a little input from FH and my mother when I couldn’t decide on certain elements) and I will continue to do so. My venue does offer a DOC so that I don’t have to worry about certain details during the big day.
  • Jeni
    Devoted July 2021
    Jeni ·
    • Flag
    I have a wedding planner and I didn't realize how valuable she was until I had to plan my minimony. There are so many things that I don't have to think about or take care of because she does all of it behind the scenes. I don't even have to take vendor phone calls unless needed, and if I do, she handles all the scheduling. And I'm a very organized person, and have done corporate events. It's different when it's something as personal as your wedding. If it's in your budget, I would definitely encourage you to get at least partial wedding planning.
  • Queen Cone
    Devoted September 2020
    Queen Cone ·
    • Flag
    Due to the current everchanging situation with covid i decided to hire one for day-of-coordination and i already feel 100x better just after the first consultation. they do more than you think. there are so many things that can go wrong the day of the wedding its always best to have an extra hand. plus i feel better knowing she can help me if god forbid i need to change all my plans suddenly because theres a lockdown or something
  • Cherie
    Savvy August 2020
    Cherie ·
    • Flag

I have a wedding planner and it was well worth it! I have really been stressed because of covid19 and to have someone calming you down and talking to vendors has be a big help.

• Cherie
    Savvy August 2020
    Cherie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same here!

• Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag

I don't have a wedding planner, just a coordinator provided by the venue. It's an additional expense and we would rather put that money else where. I also enjoy planning events so I'm having fun doing the planning myself.

• Martha
    Devoted February 2024
    Martha ·
    • Flag

My venue offers a coordinator,my ceremony and reception will take place in the same hotel. They supply most of the decoration and they will also cater. I will just need to book, photographer, dj and officiant.

• Megan
    Expert May 2022
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I plan on doing it all myself.
  • Llcool_Kay
    Devoted July 2021
    Llcool_Kay ·
    • Flag
    I am doing it myself but I have a day of coordinator who is more like a month of coordinator cause she helps with things at least a month out from the wedding
  • Alisa
    Devoted January 2021
    Alisa ·
    • Flag
    I highly recommend getting a wedding planner even if its a day of coordinator. There will be lots of minor details that you shouldn't be bothered with and you'll wamt someone to help. I can understand if your having a smaller wedding but we are expected 100 people. So we've already been working with a coordinator.
  • Michele
    Savvy October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag

We did a full package wedding planner. It was in our budget from the start. I tend to be Type A and over think everything so it made sense to have someone talk me off a ledge. Plus since we have 2 years to plan it gives me time to trust her team and be able to sit back and relax my wedding weekend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles