Cassi
Devoted August 2022

Wedding party deciding 🤯

Cassi, on September 7, 2020 at 8:23 PM

Posted in Planning 26

Hello everyone! So I have posted and gotten some great opinions before about wedding parties and wether or not I want to have one. I was set on not having one to avoid people not being able to cover the costs of dresses and things of that nature. I was also worried if we have a wedding party who’s...
Hello everyone! So I have posted and gotten some great opinions before about wedding parties and wether or not I want to have one. I was set on not having one to avoid people not being able to cover the costs of dresses and things of that nature. I was also worried if we have a wedding party who’s going to record and be in the crowd lol (we are having a micro wedding-not many people just close friends mostly). After talking to one of our friends recently I’m now back on the fence and I wonder how do you all decide who will be what in your wedding? I have ample time for planning however, our official engagement party is 9/26 and I want to have the wedding party figured out by then. I have 3 close friends and I feel they would all be good candidates but I have narrowed it down to 2. It’s hard to choose without all of them being “offended” and if I select 2, the 3rd is going to for sure wonder why she didn’t get selected. If you guys have tips and ideas or just want to share what helped ou decide that’d be great! 😊

26 Comments

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Every time lol

• mrswinteriscoming
    Rockstar December 2021
    mrswinteriscoming ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Just make sure you have realistic expectations. I say this because so many brides post on here about their disappointment in bridal party members not attending cake tastings / not commenting on what florals to use / etc etc and forget that at the end of the day, bridal parties are there for support and the fun of it and anything else should be entirely voluntary Smiley smile
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Gotcha! Thank you 🙂
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My daughter was engaged to a man almost 2 yrs ago. She broke it off & told me she was gay. I could care less if she is straight, gay or bi- as long as she’s happy. She was kind of surprised at my reaction, hearing all the horror stories about parents & relatives disowning their children because of their sexual orientation. She knows I’ve had her back since day 1 & absolutely nothing is going to change that! She’s met & is engaged to a lovely young lady. They plan on getting married after my wedding sometime next year. Congrats on your engagement! You & your fiancé are absolutely gorgeous!
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awww thank you very much!! I appreciate that ♥️♥️My mom has come around more than she ever has, maybe it’s because I’m getting married and I’m her only child. More moms should be the way you were and be more accepting off the bat because no one understands how hard it is to be yourself when it’s so looked down on these days. Congratulations on you and your daughter’s engagement! Love is a beautiful thing I don’t care what it looks like on the outside 😍 we still prefer a friend wedding because we’ve kind of made our friends our own little family outside of our families, if that makes sense. I’m sure cousins and aunts will want to come but we haven’t necessarily addressed how we will handle that lol it’s our day and we want to be able to be selfish-which is also hard 😓
  • Vicky
    VIP January 2020
    Vicky ·
    • Flag

Are you really getting married in May 2022? I strongly suggest you not ask anyone to be in your wedding party until much closer to the wedding - the general advice is to wait until 6-9 months before the wedding to ask anyone. You do not need to ask anyone by your engagement party date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics