Cassi
Devoted August 2022

Wedding party deciding 🤯

Cassi, on September 7, 2020 at 8:23 PM Posted in Planning 0 26
Saved
Hello everyone! So I have posted and gotten some great opinions before about wedding parties and wether or not I want to have one. I was set on not having one to avoid people not being able to cover the costs of dresses and things of that nature. I was also worried if we have a wedding party who’s going to record and be in the crowd lol (we are having a micro wedding-not many people just close friends mostly). After talking to one of our friends recently I’m now back on the fence and I wonder how do you all decide who will be what in your wedding? I have ample time for planning however, our official engagement party is 9/26 and I want to have the wedding party figured out by then. I have 3 close friends and I feel they would all be good candidates but I have narrowed it down to 2. It’s hard to choose without all of them being “offended” and if I select 2, the 3rd is going to for sure wonder why she didn’t get selected. If you guys have tips and ideas or just want to share what helped ou decide that’d be great! 😊

26 Comments

Latest activity by Vicky, on September 9, 2020 at 5:39 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    What about having 2 bridesmaids and a MOH? That way you could use all 3 people
  • Marabeth
    Devoted September 2020
    Marabeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what I was going to suggest. Are you closer to one than the others? I have a MOH and two bridesmaids. My MOH is my little sister so that was an easy choice. And then I asked my two closest female friends to be bridesmaids. My best friend is actually a guy but he wanted to be on FH’s side. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what I would like to do but how do I narrow down the 2 that I’m struggling between lol 😥
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am equally close with them but in their own little way. I would like to choose the one I’ve known the longest and she’s also been married before and in a better place financially to be able to be the MOH. The other girl I would like to give that role too is just as close and good of a friend to me. I’m just not sure if would really be able to 100% fill those shoes-guess I answered my own question 😅
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Is there one that you are closest to? Or one who supports your relationship more and is in your life more?
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I feel as though the one friend whom I’ve known since age 14 is probably more fit. And she has previously been married. We may not y’all everyday but we’re close! And the other may not be able to truly fill the shoes the right way. She is a great friend don’t get me wrong and I’m equally close they equally support my relationship. I just think one would fill the shoes a bit better than the other-I told the previous comment I think I’m answering my own question talking to you guys lol 😅😊
  • Marabeth
    Devoted September 2020
    Marabeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah, it sounds like you figured out who your MOH and there’s nothing wrong with asking the other two be bridesmaids. My girls were just as excited to be bridesmaids than MOH.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much! 😇I hope no one gets offended
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    May I ask why does it have to be 2? How come it can’t just be all 3 in your party?
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would like to have a MOH. The other 2 are going to be bridesmaids
  • Eshell
    Devoted July 2021
    Eshell ·
    • Flag
    My bridal party is my 3 FIRST cousins. All girl friends are guest. Eliminate the drama and expenses for friends. FAMILY won’t complain
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Very good point but I don’t have family close enough to include in my bridal party. I’m closer with my friends than my cousins 🙂
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I have a total of 3- my sister is my MOH, my daughter and a really great friend are my bridesmaids. I wanted a small wedding party. My fiancé & I wanted a small, intimate wedding.
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I only have two people in my bridal party so I asked them to be co-maids of honor. You could always ask all three to be bridesmaids, and then no one can be offended. There’s no rule you have to have a MOH.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s awesome, it’s the same here. We want a small intimate wedding as well. Mostly close friends. Not so much our family. We’re accepted and everything (being same sex) but we just would rather have a friends only type of wedding and our children❤️
  • mrswinteriscoming
    Rockstar December 2021
    mrswinteriscoming ·
    • Flag

Bridal parties are something every individual bride and groom has to decide on whether they want one, and if so, who will be in it. I am having my 2 sisters because I didn’t want a big bridal party.

I question why you are deciding based on 2 of your 3 close friends being ‘good candidates’. I say this because being in a bridal party is not a job, so I don’t exactly know what you are basing this selection off of. At the end of the day, I think you need to choose who you want up there to support you. On that basis, in theory there shouldn’t be an issue with all three.

Keep in mind just the same, if you’re just worried about someone recording your wedding, I would just ask a friend to pull in a favour and do it.

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Well it seems to me you know who your MOH will be!!
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You’re right. That’s princely the simplest way to do things I just wanted one especially since I have such close girls in my life. In think I’ve narrowed it down to one. 🥰
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m deciding based on 2 because 2 have been more ‘involved’ per say, these last couple years. One has a few things that I don’t need to disclose that genuinely makes me feel as though she wouldn’t be much planning support. Not because she doesn’t support the relationship, but just some of her own choices and how they have affected us as friends &to what I’ve experienced so far. It’s not a ‘job’ you’re right but in a way it is. It takes a lot of time and effort to help someone with their big day and I just want the person best fit for that time. They’ll all 3 stand up there with me that’s not a doubt. There’s just other small details that I’m using as a basis. I don’t have biological sisters or close cousins or the problem would have been solved.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Right! I always come here for help or service And it somehow always works out 😍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics