We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Savvy July 2021

Wedding Insurance

Emily, on June 14, 2020 at 2:13 PM Posted in Planning 0 4
Saved Save
I’m having my wedding at a friend’s barn that she does weddings at, she doesn’t care if we do a BYOB but she said if we want HER to be the one keeping the built in bar going all night we need to get the insurance for alcohol liability put on for that day/night. I have no idea what to search for so does anyone have any recommendations on who to go through? We are homeowners so that’s another option as well.


Latest activity by Jodie, on June 14, 2020 at 8:50 PM
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    We went through wedsafe.
    • Reply
  • Jill
    Jill ·
    • Flag
    We just had to do that,too. We went through Farmers Insurance for Special Event Liability permit. It cost $350 to cover 8 hours and 100 people.
    • Reply
  • M
    Just Said Yes February 2022
    Meagan ·
    • Flag
    Check your car/homeowner’s insurance first. Sometimes they can do a bundle, which is cheaper. Otherwise, there are companies that exclusively do event/wedding insurance. Wedding Wire has some resources, but your insurance agent might be able to give you a lead.
    • Reply
  • Jodie
    Expert August 2020
    Jodie ·
    • Flag
    We spent about 130 for insurance for the whole weekend at our venue. It's a 1mil liability policy that has alcohol liability included. We just googled certificate of liability and went through them until we found one that fit our venue requirements and our budget.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇


Related articles