Futuremrsv
Super October 2020

Wedding dress storage untill wedding

Futuremrsv, on November 3, 2019 at 12:59 PM Posted in Planning 0 8
Saved Save
So im about 1 year away from the wedding, and i just picked up my dress on Friday.
Are there any tips or storage advice i should do for the dress since it will be sitting there for a year?
Right now its in a plastic bag and then a garment bag over it

8 Comments

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I had mine for 18 months before the wedding, left it in the plastic in the garment bag and it was fine!
  • Alejandra
    Expert November 2020
    Alejandra ·
    • Flag
    Oh wow, that’s early! How come you have it so early? I would ask the salon you got it from what their suggestions are.
  • Futuremrsv
    Super October 2020
    Futuremrsv ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know what i wanted and they were having a good sale. Ive seen alot of brides getting their dressed alot earlier then me
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    My dress was in a garment bag in a dark closet for over a year and was fine
  • Nicole
    Rockstar July 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I got mine about a year in advance too. I bought a garment bag off of Amazon and put it in that. It's currently in a dark closet in an unused bedroom at my parent's house. I've also put my shoes and headpiece in the bottom/pockets of the garment bag so all of my attire is in one place.

• Carly
    Beginner June 2020
    Carly ·
    • Flag

I have mine in a garment bag laying flat

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I bought a garment bag from Amazon
  • Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

They say not to store it in the plastic bag, as it can yellow over time. A lot depends on the fabric of the dress, the location for storage (dark closet vs. lighter space), and even the region of the country, as some places are more humid than others, and yellowing or moths would be more of an issue.

I bought a cloth garment bag to store mine in. I got it on Amazon for $12. The cool thing about it is that it's designed to hold a wedding dress--it's bigger on the bottom to accommodate a full ball gown skirt.

Comment on this discussion