Skip to main content
J
Just Said Yes May 2021

Wedding dress pick up jitters

Jess, on July 8, 2020 at 11:08 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved

Im picking up my dress this Saturday and I have been so nervous because based on the measurements they said I was technically a size 0 but the designer I ordered from didnt have a size 0 and the next size up was a 2 so they ordered a 2 but I dont normally wear a 2 in normal dresses, im usually more like a 4 so I am super worried that it wont fit. Can I see some pics of some ladies with a size 2 dress? Maybe I am just thinking I am bigger than I really am

10 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on July 10, 2020 at 10:08 AM
  • Caitlin
    Expert January 2021
    Caitlin
    • Flag
    Try to not be nervous. Worst case, you can have it taken out. The inseam from most designers allows for an inch or two to be taken out in case anything like this happens. Wedding dress shopping can be scary! Your worries are totally justified, but try to relax and enjoy the process. Wishing you the best of luck 馃挄
  • Caitlin
    Expert January 2021
    Caitlin
    • Flag
    Wedding dress pick up jitters 1

I'm usually a 2-4 and am wearing a size 6 in this dress. I'm a pretty small figure with big hips. Bridal sizing is usually a few sizes smaller than normal pieces if clothing. However, that is not true for all designers.
  • Rachel
    Savvy May 2020
    Rachel
    • Flag
    I bet it will be fine!!! Tailors are miracle workers honestly
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S
    • Flag
    I normally wear a size 2 and my dress fit perfectly when it came in but I had to squeeze into it the day of (I had lost 9 pounds but maybe I was shaped differently idk). Wedding dress pick up jitters 2

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie
    • Flag

Don't stress Jess! Bridal sizing is different (and varies by designer) - so they size number they give you doesn't mean much in comparison to your normal clothing sizes!

It's also always easier to take dresses in than to let them out, so ordering up a size is typically a smart move! I also got really nervous when I heard my dress came in with a lot of these same fears, but felt so much better once I tried it on again! Smiley heart

• J
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Jess
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes thats what im saying , ive heard bridal sizes run smaller. I usually wear size 4-6 but they ordered me a 2.
  • J
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Jess
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Im not worried that it will be too big, but that it will be too small! Ive never worn a size 2, only a size 4
  • Caitlin
    Expert January 2021
    Caitlin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Try not to be too nervous. I've tried on a few smaller sized wedding dresses that actually fit big. The designer plays a huge role in this. Keep us updated as to what happens when you pick it up!
  • R
    Super September 2018
    Rachel
    • Flag
    As long as they took your measurements and ordered the size based on your measurements it should be just fine. 馃槉 I wonder if perhaps you鈥檝e been wearing junior sized items (American eagle, some Target or department stores lines, etc)? Maybe a juniors 4 translates into a women鈥檚 2, for example, because juniors sizing runs a bit smaller. While many bridal designers use vanity sizing, a number have started sizing to street sizing to be more inclusive or make it easier on the sales associates to pull the right size for you to try on.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I understand! Since their measurements technically put you at a size 0 dress from that designer I'm definitely hopeful the size 2 will fit!

Let us know how it works out tomorrow! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics