Jessica
Master September 2020

Wedding Dreams (nightmares)

Jessica, on July 5, 2020 at 2:48 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 21
Saved
As our date draws closer I’ve started having crazy wedding dreams/nightmares. I know it’s common, I just thought it’d be fun to share some of the crazy wedding mishaps our unconsciousness’ have created with all our extra anxiety.
Last night, I dreamed we forgot to bring the flowers from our house (2 1/2 hours from the wedding) and didn’t realize it until an hour before the ceremony so my MOHs and I decided we could fix it rather than just going without flowers and went to the lone grocery store for whatever flowers we could find. Finding flowers made us late, so we missed sunrise for the ceremony which is the whole point of doing a morning wedding for us. Then, our photographer was a no-show, the ring bearer (our son) ran away and my family all went chasing after him, our officiant used the wrong names, FH’s ring suddenly wouldn’t fit, and our event coordinator got Covid and her back up didn’t decorate or set up like we had discussed so the seating chart made no sense and it looked like someone else’s reception with the wrong colors and none of the stuff we dropped off to them the day before like our guestbook/art. It’s so ridiculous and laughable to think about now, but I remember being so upset in my dream.
Anyone had any “good” dreams lately?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Kimberly, on July 8, 2020 at 12:39 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    The ones I had before were mostly to do with my photographer totally not doing their job aha
  • K
    Savvy October 2020
    Karen ·
    • Flag

Wow Jessica, that would be a nightmare. I haven't had any dreams as yet.

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I had so many building up to my wedding, and even some after 😂 I actually felt like I learned from them... like in one dream I basically “missed” the reception, and I wanted to watch the video to see what had happened, and that reinforced that it was a good call to hire a videographer. In another dream, I couldn’t find my cousins for the family photos, and it reminded me to tell my aunt to make sure they all hung back after the ceremony.

The night before my wedding I actually dreamed that I was “waking up on the morning of the wedding” in the hotel, but it rained so hard that it was flooded, no one could get in and we couldn’t get out. And my bridesmaid was wearing this ridiculous neon green and pink polka dotted dress hahaha. There was more too but I can’t remember.... but anyway then I woke up in real life to a gorgeous 75 degree and partly cloudy day! It was actually weirdly “nice” to wake up from such a stressful dream that morning, because I was like “well, no matter what happens today, it’s going to be better than THAT”
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s awesome, glad it turned out to be a beautiful day! If nothing else, my dreams are preparing me for the worst case scenarios, things ought to go much more smoothly on the day. I bet the neon green and pink polka dot was attractive!
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just started getting them over the last couple days. I’ve been so stressed about Covid restrictions but so excited because it’s almost here, it’s so “nice” our brains have such a great way of dealing with so many emotions 😂.
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m surprised my brain picked no show, but I guess that is really worst case scenario. Our photographer has a network of backups just in case, so I know it will be totally fine. Maybe my unconscious is trying to remind me he emailed me a week ago and I got distracted and never responded, oops!
  • K
    Savvy October 2020
    Karen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

So very true.

• Bridalbaddie2020
    Dedicated September 2020
    Bridalbaddie2020 ·
    • Flag
    I had a few nightmares about guests arriving super late or not at all. I even had one where the venue didn’t open until the middle of the night so I had to get married at 2 in the morning . Lol
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I will definitely be dead asleep at 2am!
    It hasn’t happened in my nightmares yet, but having guests show up late is a concern of mine because we’re getting married at sunrise. My mom and MOHs will be there, it’ll be fine lol!
  • Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    I had my first one last night! Lol. But mine was about me forgetting my dress, my shoes, my whole attire! 😳 We were in a totally different state, which is what we were originally planning for our wedding and then decided to stay local to our home. So I have no idea why I even had this dream!
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    One of my dreams took place at the ceremony/reception venue we first looked at and decided not to use because of the location (their outdoor ceremony site overlooked a traffic light on two intersecting state highways). Sometimes it’s just totally ridiculous!
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    I had one a couple months ago and my wedding isn’t even close! I dreamt that we forgot all of my daughter’s attire for the wedding. She’s 9 and jr bridesmaid and we didn’t have her dress, shoes, anything! And our wedding is a DW in Gatlinburg, 4 hours away from where we live!
    It made me go ahead and start making a list of things to make sure we take everything we need. 8+ months to go and I already have the “do not forget” list.
  • Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    So crazy! I’m hoping that will be my only one lol. But if anything it gave me a wake up call on to make sure I triple check my list, because I am always writing lists!
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m totally a list maker! My wedding planning binder is mostly full of various lists lol.
    My daughter would be heartbroken if we forgot her dress! She’s dying to wear it!
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    People may make fun of my lists now, but when it’s time to pack things up before the wedding and repack afterwards I bet they’ll save us both!
    I’ve had three dreams now with a little over two months to go, I just hope they don’t get worse!
  • Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m 4 months out!
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Mine is to! At the time of the dream we hadn’t even picked out her dress yet. LOL We have now but it’s ordered, we don’t actually have it. It isn’t unusual for me to have a packing list for trips. I always make a packing list. But I must say this is the first time I’ve had a packing list for a trip 8 months out!
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You can’t be too prepared! Hope the next eight months go smoothly for you!
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hope the next four months go smoothly for you!
  • Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hope your next couple months go smoothly as well! Congratulations! 🍾

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics