Skip to main content
B
Beginner May 2022

Wedding colors

Briana, on August 10, 2020 at 11:55 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved
Hi all!
My fiancé and I are thinking about having dusty sage green as our main color. What other colors do you think would go will with it?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Tonilynn, on August 13, 2020 at 10:34 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Something like a blush pink or a dusty blue would be cute too
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    You could keep it clean and do sage, white and a metallic like this:
    Wedding colors 1

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Or you could keep it fairly neutral like this:
    Wedding colors 2
    Or throw in another color like blue:
    Wedding colors 3

Honestly, so many colors would look great with sage!!!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    You could also pair strong colors with sage:
    Wedding colors 4
    Wedding colors 5
    This isn’t the right color green but black and white stripes could be fun too:
    Wedding colors 6

• Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Dusty sage can go with a lot of color schemes. Are there any other colors you both love? Any flowers you love and definitely want? What kind of look/style are you going for? Do you have a venue- if so what do you have to work with at the venue to decorate with our around?
  • B
    Beginner May 2022
    Briana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We both love neutral colors! I know he wants a dark grey suit. We definitely want to incorporate eucalyptus into the flower arrangements. As for style, we want it to look very elegant/dreamy. Our wedding will be in the spring so i know that plays a big factor in color schemes. Our reception venue is all white with chandeliers.
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    If you both love neutrals, I would stick with that. Some inspiration for you, Judy keep looking until you find something that really speaks to you. Wedding colors 7
    Wedding colors 8

Wedding colors 9

Wedding colors 10
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Silver, or iris purple, or a soft buttery yellow or yellow gold, many shades of blue-green, and deep pinks like Victorian or dusty rose.
    Wedding colors 11
    A favorite.
  • Ashley
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Sage green will be the main color for my wedding with light peach and blush colors to accent. I mainly chose those accent colors based on wanting colorful seasonal flowers for a June wedding!

• Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Any color you like. Type in 'sage color palette' in Pinterest and see what catches your interest.
  • Breann
    Devoted June 2020
    Breann ·
    • Flag

Greens are pretty neutral, so you can go with anything IMO. With color scheme, you can go with what's seasonal, your favorites, or colors that you think look flattering with your skin/hair/eye colors.

Then from there, stick to what's seasonal as far as availability/cost unless you're going with faux flowers.

• VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    So many things go with dusty green! Our colors were blue, green, and grey, (plus coral accents) but rather than having specific shades of each color, we kind of just chose things that looked good and let the colors blend into each other.
  • Adrienne
    Dedicated October 2021
    Adrienne ·
    • Flag
    Its such a nice neutral color, personally id go with something bright/bold to stand out against it - peach (kinda southwest feel) or ivory and gold or rosegold. You could even do a dark green and white with it. Personally I wouldnt go with the slate/dusty blues cause imo they will blend too close to each other.
  • B
    Beginner May 2022
    Briana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s exactly what I was thinking! It’s a spring wedding so I want it more on the bright/airy side
  • Tonilynn
    Dedicated September 2020
    Tonilynn ·
    • Flag
    Those are my colors I added peach lol !! I did a gold accent color as far as adding to the table decore.. my wedding is sept 4th I’ll update you with pictures on how it looks after

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics