We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Sam
Dedicated October 2021

Wedding Belt Help!

Sam, on April 12, 2021 at 11:06 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved Save
Hi y’all!

I’m looking for a decorative wedding belt to add a little bling to my simple yet elegant dress. I’m looking for a brand recommendation for a clasp type. I’m dont exactly like the idea of the bow tie in the back type( I don’t want to have to worry about it becoming loose in the back/looking side ways in picture/someone constantly having to make it straight) The clasp closure looks more finished and elegant for the look I’m going for. Any recommendations would be appreciated! I’ve already looked on eBay/Etsy but I’m more curious on brides who’ve purchased this type of bridal belt and can tell me where they bought it from.
Thank you kindly!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Celina, on April 13, 2021 at 8:17 AM
  • Lydia
    Dedicated December 2021
    Lydia ·
    • Flag
    I would recommend having the belt sewn directly to the dress. I worked in bridal for three years, and whether the belt was clasp or tie, we always tacked them to the dresses so they wouldn't move around!
  • Sam
    Dedicated October 2021
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for your advice! I will most definitely take that into consideration!
  • CountryBride
    Super April 2022
    CountryBride ·
    • Flag

They can sew it into the dress without the bow, that's what I am doing davids bridal has some here is a picture of mine

Wedding Belt Help! 1

• Heather
    Devoted October 2021
    Heather ·
    • Flag

I agree with Lydia! Sew it on so it doesn't move around or even get loose. That way it's exactly right where it needs to be at all times especially for pictures. Smiley smile

• Sam
    Dedicated October 2021
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lydia,

Thank you for the recommendation. I love that belt! I’m thinking having my seamstress seen it on is my best option!
  • Sam
    Dedicated October 2021
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    *Sew it on
  • Celina
    Dedicated October 2021
    Celina ·
    • Flag
    Wedding Belt Help! 2
    I purchased a belt from David’s bridal with my dress it’s actually the belt they had me try in with the dress.. I’m going to take the advice from here too and maybe have it sewn on. I think going to physically look for a belt is better than buying one online. I like the experience of touching it seeing it with the dress rather than waiting for it come and have a little stress over it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics