Alyssa
August 2020

Vows Help!!

Alyssa, on July 4, 2020 at 11:13 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 1 10
Saved

I've started writing my vows and find its really helpful reading other peoples samples... but there aren't that many out there that I can find! Anyone comfortable sharing their vows theyve said in the past??

10 Comments

Latest activity by Sara, on November 25, 2020 at 4:57 AM
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    I don't want to share mine (they probably wouldn't make sense) - but Jaime Wolfer had a great video on her channel on board writing that helped me. Both my partner and I are using her guide, so they our vows mirror each other in structure.

Still go find the 10 minute video, but the gist was start with something that will help ppl get to know you (a quick story or how you met), then talk about why you love the other person, then close with what your promises are. I thought it was straight forward and simple.
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    My husband and I agreed On the same start and max word count for our vows. There are tons of templates online you can use to structure yours if you are having trouble.
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    Mine is a poem but it isn't finished otherwise I'd share it. Sometimes it helps if you write what you think first. Just jot down ideas. How you feel, your first date, the first I love you, first kiss,, etc. You can even add in little comedic moments. Maybe something either of you said or did that you think would be funny to add in.

You can talk about the moment you knew they were the one, starting a new adventure, starting a family (if you haven't already). When you get your base, you can put it together the way you want or how you write them out the first time might come out fine.
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag

Not ready to share mine yet, but here is a helpful website with examples that I used. I also felt like reading examples helped me. https://www.theparisofficiant.com/how-to-write-wedding-vows/

• Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag

Have you done a Google search for vows? I've seen quite a few online. Also check out offbeatbride.com which has alot posted.

Write what comes natural to you.

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag

I’m happy to send mine in a PM if you want, I just didn’t want to post them on the internet lol. But this is a link to the examples that I used to inspire mine!

https://www.theknot.com/content/favorite-wedding-vows-from-real-weddings
  • Alyssa
    August 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That would be great if you don’t mind!! Thank you Smiley smile
  • Elmarose
    Expert July 2022
    Elmarose ·
    • Flag

Not getting married until next year so I am not on this step yet lol but here's a good website https://www.theknot.com/content/favorite-wedding-vows-from-real-weddings

• Brittany
    Expert September 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    Ok so these are LONG for most people. About 2:45 when I time it out. But FH and I agreed on the length and it works. Our vows are the main part of our ceremony and we want them to set the tone

C,

I am so completely in love with you. You are my soulmate. My best friend, my other half, and when I look at you, I’m home. I drove away from our first date with this feeling I couldn’t explain, telling me “this is it” And from that night on i wanted to be around you.. 6 weeks later we spent our first weekend together and i got to see what life with you could be like.. it was then that I realized I didn’t only want to be around you.... I didn’t ever want to be with out you. That was the moment I knew you were my forever.

You, more than anyone else know my flaws and insecurities, and still never make me feel inadequate. You have always loved me without reservations. You praise me in a way I never thought was possible and because of you, I am the best woman and mother I can be.

I have never been more confident in anything, than i am in my decision to marry you.

With my whole heart, i proudly take you as my husband.

I cannot promise that I will be the perfect wife, but I can and do promise to love you unconditionally, put our marriage first and be your lover, best friend, and biggest fan.

I promise to never stop doing the little things, and be intentional about showing you I love you, not just telling you.

I promise to fight for our marriage, and approach disagreements with an open mind and open heart.

I promise to make you laugh, even if you’re laughing at me, and not with me.

I promise to always be silly with you, to try and share the covers, say yes to ice cream for dinner, make sure we never run out of hidden valley ranch and serenade you with my angelic voice on all of our road trips.

I promise to remember that neither of us are perfect- but we are perfect for each other.

I promise to inspire you and help you grow as an individual so that we can grow stronger together.

I promise to always hold your hand, support your dreams and encourage you to chase them, give you words when you need advice or encouragement, and be your sounding board when you just need someone to listen.

I promise that when our hair is gray and our faces are covered in wrinkles, i will see you with the same eyes and the same heart that I see you with at this exact moment.

I promise to love, care for, honor, respect, cherish, and stand by your side fully and faithfully, without hesitation, in sickness and health, through joy and sorrow, during good times and bad..

And lastly, I promise that no matter what this life brings us, you will never have to face it alone.

Thank you for being the man of my dreams, and a better stepdad to Gabby than i could’ve ever prayed for. I am eternally grateful to God for leading us to each other, and I’m so excited to start this next chapter with you.

I love you forever ❤️

• S
    Just Said Yes February 2018
    Sara ·
    • Flag

Hi Alyssa! Hope the vows and wedding went amazing! I just commented on another post by Anna about her vows, so I'll just pitch in here as well for future searchers Smiley smile

What I commented on her post where "You just have to sit down and relax and think. What do your partner do each day that makes you happy? What feelings do you feel when you glance on him? A friend of mine gave me a book called My wedding vows, one day, one word at the time or something, I'll see if I can find a link to it on amazon.
    edit, here it is! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NYMRD2R it's a handy journal which guides you to your vows. Hope it'll help"

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics