So, I'm having major venue regrets. I originally wanted to get married on the beach in San Diego...it was gonna be really difficult for people close to us (I went as far as looking up marriage license laws there) so we nixed that idea. I found a venue that was...just gorgeous in a town an hour away. And then I found one in town that included more and was pretty....not exactly me, but pretty. And I decided to go with the closer one because I was worried about how inconvenient it would be for everyone helping me to go to the other one.
And I regret it so much. When I picture my wedding...I picture the other place...which my wedding is on a Monday (part of the concern for my guests was based around that). I have been so stressed trying to figure out how to decorate this venue to what I would want it to be and..it's still not me.
I can get it closer but I have spent the last month and a half just...wishing I had just eloped, and telling my fiance like every day, "we can still elope." I spent an hour the other day looking through their Instagram photos going, "OMG what did I do, this is not the right place. These photos are pretty...and I have zero attachment, I feel nothing good when I look at them, this is not where I want my wedding to be.". Went and looked at the venue in person again and...found ways to make it better, again even more work, but still not something I love...and the person who answered a couple of my questions that day was super rude and condescending and definitely didn't make me feel better about sticking with it (I didn't mention anything about canceling my contract.).
I decided that I wanted to cancel and go to the other venue...and I'm trying to figure out how to approach this. When I looked at my contract I am liable for the full amount if I cancel within 8 months of the wedding, I only had four months when I booked it to begin with. Which, I fully understand the concept of lost business if someone else didn't book because the date wasn't available..I would understand that. However, my wedding is on a Monday and I doubt anyone has tried to book that day; I don't expect to get my deposit back. She has the right to hold me to my contract and I would owe the full amount; although at this point I'm quite certain they haven't lost another client for that day and basically they would be getting $1000 for two conversation and the time it took to send me their standard contract.
Any advice on how to approach this conversation?