We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

M
Beginner August 2019

Venue Hunting

Marissa , on February 12, 2018 at 11:01 PM Posted in Georgia Planning 1 23
Saved Save
Hello all! I am currently struggling to find a decent venue for my wedding (next fall) if anyone has ever had a wedding or been to one preferably in the North Georgia (Atlanta area) please let me know! I am open to suggestions, but there are just too many venues on this site that it can at times be quite overwhelming. I am planning my wedding all by myself because I live in California, but my wedding will be in Georgia. Any suggestions? Smiley atonished

23 Comments

• T
    Dedicated September 2018
    Turnicia ·
    • Flag
    Are you looking for all inclusive, diy, what's your budget for the venue? Let me know I live in Atlanta and almost decided on 2 different venues but ultimately decided to get married in Tybee Island, Ga.
  • M
    Beginner August 2019
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    Hello! I am actually trying to find an all inclusive venue since I don't live in Georgia anymore I will be traveling across the country and it would be a lot easier for me to find one that takes care of all the details based on my preferences.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Marissa! I’ve moved this discussion to the Georgia Planning group so that you can get the most relevant responses!

Have you tried using the filters in our venue search to narrow down your results? You can filter by availability, price, capacity, and style!

• Amandaw
    VIP April 2018
    Amandaw ·
    • Flag
    Check out lake Lanier Islands website. They have packages that are affordable. I am doing the intimate package for 50 guests. It includes food, flowers, cake and decor. My wedding all in is about $6000.
  • Amandaw
    VIP April 2018
    Amandaw ·
    • Flag
    I can also get you in touch with my wedding coordinator at lake Lanier if you would like. They are all inclusive
  • Erica
    Just Said Yes September 2018
    Erica ·
    • Flag

I am getting married at Venue 92 (in Woodstock).. it is not all-inclusive but they have lists of preferred vendors. You could also try The Conservatory at Waterstone (in Acworth) or the Grande (in Kennesaw)... those are all inclusive. Hope this helps!

• T
    Dedicated September 2018
    Turnicia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know of 2 all inclusive locations south of Atlanta, one is the Pristine Chapel and the other is Affair To Remember www.atrweddings.com. I also know of another location called Roswell River Landing in North Georgia but it is not all inclusive. It is pretty close to all inclusive though. You can google all locations. Hope you find what you are looking for.
  • Riley
    Just Said Yes May 2018
    Riley ·
    • Flag

Check out The Ridges Resort in Young Harris Georgia! the resort is beautiful and there is many options for ceremony and reception. We are having our wedding there this May.

• Amandaw
    VIP April 2018
    Amandaw ·
    • Flag
    I would love to know an update on how the search is going
  • Heather
    Devoted June 2018
    Heather ·
    • Flag

We are getting married at Cold Creek Farm in Dawsonville, GA. Besides the fact that the farm is gorgeous, we chose it because it comes with the whole package. It includes basically everything except your clothes and the invitations. However, you still get choice-for example they have 5 caterers, 5 officiants, 5 DJs etc. you can pick from. That would make it much easier for you to plan from afar!

• Rya
    Devoted April 2018
    Rya ·
    • Flag
    Getting married at little gardens in Lawrenceville. It's all inclusive and georgeous.

Venue Hunting 1

Venue Hunting 2

Venue Hunting 3

Venue Hunting 4

Venue Hunting 5

Venue Hunting 6
  • Marla
    Just Said Yes November 2018
    Marla ·
    • Flag
    Hi Marissa,
    I’m from Florida and I had similar issues we looked at almost 10 venues before we made a decision. Not sure what your budget is and how many guests you have but here are some of the places we visited and loved and they have an all inclusive package:
    1. Lanier Islands
    2. Chateau Elan - we chose this one
    3. Ashton Gardens
    4. Flint Hill
    5. Pristine Chapel
    6. The Atrium
    7. I forgot the name but it’s a venue at Agnes Scott College.

I think the the biggest thing is to narrow down what part of town you want to have your wedding in - we chose to have ours away from Atlanta in general because most of our guest will be traveling and we wanted to make sure cost of hotel/ availability wasn’t such a burden including parking as well. Hope you find something nice. Hope this helps.

• Amandaw
    VIP April 2018
    Amandaw ·
    • Flag
    Would love an update
  • K
    Just Said Yes June 2018
    Kristy ·
    • Flag
    Little Gardens! They Make everything super easy!
  • Amanda
    Savvy September 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Magic moments is. Company owning 4 venues in n/e atlanta including Flint Hill, Little Gardens, Primrose Cottage, the atrium, and possibly another venue. We looked into them as they can take care of everything except your DJ and photographer. Their facilities are lovely, however I didn't care for the strict timelines.
  • FutureMrs.Rushing
    Beginner November 2019
    FutureMrs.Rushing ·
    • Flag

Beaver Creek is amazing!!!! I personally work there so let me know if you have any questions!

• Ryan&Jess
    Expert August 2018
    Ryan&Jess ·
    • Flag
    Hightower Falls in Cedartown, GA! So beautiful!

Venue Hunting 7
  • V
    Just Said Yes April 2018
    Vettegirl ·
    • Flag
    Bear's Best Atlanta in Suwanee- beautiful golf course in a gated community, reasonably priced and all inclusive.
  • HJKvr
    Expert September 2018
    HJKvr ·
    • Flag

I've been to 2 weddings at Chota Falls and they were gorgeous.

In my own hunt, my dream venue was at Barnsley Gardens Resort in the ruins there or at 2400 on the River. But both ended up being a little out of my budget. I'm not sure what your budget is but if I could pick without worrying about it, those two would be at the top of my list.

There are many lovely venues in N GA but logistics seem to often be an issue (lodging, transportation, bathrooms, etc).

• L
    Just Said Yes March 2019
    Laurel ·
    • Flag
    The Westside Warehouse, in West Midtown

Comment on this discussion

Related articles