Nicole
Savvy May 2020

Veil or no veil

Nicole, on January 24, 2020 at 6:48 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 55
Saved
I am really struggling with deciding of I should wear a veil or not... please give me your two cents and the reason why! Thanks in advance!!

55 Comments

Latest activity by Lex, on January 26, 2020 at 1:05 AM
  • Kaitlyn
    Savvy August 2020
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag
    My vote is always veil. What other day in your life can you rock a veil!
  • Noelle
    Expert November 2019
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    Say yes to the veil!! Can we see your dress too? That could help people decide, but I’m like the pp, I’d always want to have a veil.
  • Nicole
    Savvy May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Veil or no veil 1

Veil or no veil 2
    Hope these help... I'm also going to have my hair swept to the side...
  • Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow, you look absolutely stunning! Your dress is gorgeous! Either way it’ll look amazing.

I’m not wearing a veil. I think I’ll just do a pretty headpiece. I just don’t like the look for me, but I think you’d look really good with one.
  • S
    Devoted October 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    I’m wearing a veil for the ceremony and then taking it off after. There’s no other time in your life you get to wear a veil and it will look great in photographs! Plus then you have a momento you can pass down.
  • Nicole
    Savvy May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Mary
    Dedicated October 2020
    Mary ·
    • Flag

I might be biased (because I dislike veils), BUT I do think that your style dress would work very well with a veil cape. It would attach to your shoulder straps (at the top) and hang open in the middle.

• Annajoy
    Expert August 2020
    Annajoy ·
    • Flag
    I’ve been told that a veil is what
    Makes you truly feel like a bride. I also want a veil for all of the photo ops that it provides! Mine will be relatively sheer so that you can still see the awesome back of my dress. But it’s lined with beads which accents my dress. I couldn’t even pick a dress without seeing it without the veil. At no point will I have the veil over my face though.
  • Annajoy
    Expert August 2020
    Annajoy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    SUCH A GORGEOUS DRESS!
  • Nicole
    Savvy May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!
  • Kelli
    Dedicated May 2021
    Kelli ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is so beautiful!! If you want that bridal look go for the veil! I am always team veil.
  • Nicole
    Savvy May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    I wore a veil as it made me feel more like a bride.
  • Noelle
    Expert November 2019
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Gorgeous dress! I think a veil will look amazing with it!!!
  • Hillary
    Expert October 2021
    Hillary ·
    • Flag
    I personally don’t like veils so I’m wearing a quartz crystal tiara. It doesn’t make me feel any less bridal. So interesting for others to say that. If you want to wear one, go for it! And if you don’t, there are so many other options!
  • S
    December 2020
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

Your dress would look amazing with either a bird cage or fascinator.

• Kaitlin
    Dedicated October 2020
    Kaitlin ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is absolutely stunning! i think the veil would take it up a notch!
    either way you’ll look great!
  • Candace
    Dedicated May 2021
    Candace ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Your dress is amazing! I was on the fence of veil or no veil to. I chose to do one. If you don’t you can always wear a nice hair piece. I felt much more bridal with a hair piece and the veil that’s why I chose it
  • Catherine
    Savvy October 2020
    Catherine ·
    • Flag
    Yes to the veil! I know veils are an extra add on to your budget, but it’s the only day you are able to wear a veil and I believe it completes the whole bridal look. But if it’s not something you’re obsessed about then go without it.
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

First the dress is amazing. I wore a veil at my first wedding. I am not as it’s a second wedding. But also I think it’s for younger brides. My dress has loads of tulle and a big train of tulle. I just felt adding a veil might be too much. With your dress a beautiful shear veil as long as your dress would be gorgeous. Then ditch it after the pics and ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics