Skip to main content
Desiree
Just Said Yes May 2021

Veil or no veil to go with my dress?

Desiree, on December 9, 2020 at 9:06 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 12
Saved
Veil or no veil to go with my dress? 1
Hi everyone! Deciding on what kind of veil/length of veil to match with my wedding dress. I’m obsessed with the back and wasn’t sure if a veil would take away from everything going on back there . The front is very simple/boat neck. I’m afraid that if the veil is too long, the lace and pearls at the ends will be lost. Pictures of similar styles would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all 🥰

12 Comments

Latest activity by Alisha, on January 3, 2021 at 4:38 PM
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I am team veil so I am biased lol. I think a lace one would compliment it well.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I would wear a fingertip length veil with no lace or embellishments. If you get one that’s thin enough, it won’t skew the view of the back of the dress. I think that anything longer or with lace will take away from the simplicity and elegance of your dress. Beautiful gown by the way!
  • Rabreena
    Devoted October 2021
    Rabreena ·
    • Flag

I say go with wearing a veil and I think calf length would be good so it can still accent your dress without covering any of the details on the train.

• L
    Dedicated May 2021
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag
    I love the back of my dress as well, I’ve decided to go for a fingertip length veil that’s pretty see through that’s edged with pearls/crystals to match my dress. My hair is in the way of course but you can still see the back of the dress, and I’m only going to be wearing the veil for the ceremony anyways! Our dresses are a little different style, but I feel like your dress would look beautiful with or without a veil!

Veil or no veil to go with my dress? 2
    Veil or no veil to go with my dress? 3

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Beautiful dress!

The back of my dress was my favorite part, so I decided not to wear a veil to really show it off! I did wear one for some photos to capture the token "veil photo" Smiley xd . If you do decide to wear a veil, I would go with a fingertip veil so the bottom of your dress is not covered.

• Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    Im not a fan of veils, so I would go without one
  • SLY
    Master January 2022
    SLY ·
    • Flag

I don't like veils, but if you do like them, I agree with everyone else that suggested a thin fingertip veil. It will be thin enough that you can see the back of the dress, but not too long to where it will cover up the details on the bottom of your dress.

• Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    I bought 2 veils. One fingertip with beaded trim. One royal cathedral plain, extra wide. Both are lovely. The fingertip is pretty but make me look kinda short and the long one looks so great as photo prop 😉 I think you never know until you try and take pictures from different angles, then you decide. Order somewhere where you can return, so you can choose.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I don't like veils so i would say no veils haha but that's my preference. if i were you i would try different options before you decide. for instance hair clips or headband. i tried on a veil and i didn't like it on me. i tried on a birdcage and didn't like it on me either.

• Dallas
    Devoted November 2020
    Dallas ·
    • Flag
    Veil or no veil to go with my dress? 4
    My dress also had a very detailed lace back, and I had a floor length veil and I feel like it didn’t take away at all! But I am also biased and say get the veil! Sorry WW has poor photo quality
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Such a beautiful dress!! 😍

I'd either go veil-less or with a plain tulle veil (so you can see your gorgeous dress). You could choose a finger-tip length so everyone can still see all the details of your train, or you could go with a veil that's longer than your train for a dramatic look!

• Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    This dress is gorgeous! 😍😍

I would for sure do a veil and do a short mid back one. Jjhouse.com has some really affordable ones.

Veil or no veil to go with my dress? 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics