T
Beginner September 2020

Using round and rectangle tables?

Taylor, on October 30, 2019 at 6:55 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 11
Saved Save
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone used a mix of both round and rectangle tables for your wedding reception?

I'm really considering it but having a hard time picturing it. Would love if you could show me how yours turned out!! And any pros or cons associated with this idea.

Thanks a bunch!

11 Comments

• Alyssa
    Expert June 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    A lot of people use rectangular head tables and mostly round tables for guests.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    We used a mix of both! It worked great.

Using round and rectangle tables? 1
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I was literally thinking about this same thing earlier today! I'm considering both as well but I'll definitely talk to my venue and see if they have any real wedding photos that I can check out.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's beautiful!

• T
    Beginner September 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love that! I'm having my wedding in a barn but I'm really hoping I can fit in a few round tables with my rectangle. I think it can look so nice.

• T
    Beginner September 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Let me know if they recommend it! I feel like with enough planning, it could turn out looking really nice.

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! Yeah I really liked the look of both round and rectangle and it worked well for our space.
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's what I'm hoping because I've seen pictures in other venues and they look gorgeous. I can only hope it would look the same in my venue.

• Glacier
    Savvy June 2020
    Glacier ·
    • Flag
    We are doing both for our reception!
  • Sara
    Savvy March 2021
    Sara ·
    • Flag

I am having round, long, and bistro tables at mine. We are seating our wedding party (28 people) with us in a "U" shaped table and all the round tables will be within our "U". We decided on that layout because we didn't want to separate our wedding party from us. The bistro tables are going to be used for cocktail hour Smiley smile

• Kaysey
    Dedicated February 2020
    Kaysey ·
    • Flag

I love the idea of using both. Personally, my FH and I are using round b/c that's what fits best with the layout for our reception and how many guests we are expecting.

Comment on this discussion