Eri
Expert October 2020

Using Postable.com for collecting addresses?

Eri, on December 7, 2019 at 11:24 AM Posted in Planning 0 8
Saved Save

Hi everyone!

How did you go about collecting addresses for your save the dates, invites, etc?

I know some addresses, but we need to collect that data for the majority of our guests. Happened to stumble upon Postable and it seems pretty cool.

Has anyone used this? If so, what was your experience like?

Or do you have other suggestions?

Right now the only thing giving me pause with Postable is that it requires an email address from the guest. I already had one person in my family be weird about not wanting to give their email address out to see my engagement pictures, so I'm wondering if other people will be similarly funny about having to provide that.

8 Comments

• Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I just texted people. We tasked our parents with getting us addresses from family/their friends and we got them for ours. It really wasn't that problematic. I typed one text and just copied and pasted it to everyone I needed to reach out to. On the off chance you don't have phone numbers, you can use FB message. However, my theory is that if you, your future spouse, or either sets of parents don't have an accurate phone number, that person probably isn't close enough to warrant a wedding invite.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    My mom and my mother-in-law gave a list for most of our guests, but for the ones they didn't I texted them a link to The Knot site where they input all their information. That also asked for their emails though.
  • Eri
    Expert October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Gotcha! We would still be texting/messaging people. Instead of them typing the info directly back to us, they'd be filling out the Postable form.

• Eri
    Expert October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ooh okay, good to know it's similar with The Knot!

• Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just don't see the need for the 3rd party company. I took the responses and copied them to an excel spreadsheet that I already had for guests to keep track of RSVPs and such.
  • Eri
    Expert October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I mean, it's not necessary, it's just something we're considering for convenience (and might use some of their other services). Smiley smile

Glad you didn't have any issues with the manual copy/paste method since that was our original plan!

• JEANIE
    Expert April 2020
    JEANIE ·
    • Flag
    I am using postable now and I'm all for it. I have had no issues at all and none of my guests had an issue with inputting their email address. There will also be a few people who have something to say. So far I have exported all my contacts and used it for as a reference for my STDs. I say continue using it!
  • Eri
    Expert October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's great to know, thank you so much!

Comment on this discussion