We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Linds
Master March 2017

Tulle Bustle

Linds, on November 21, 2016 at 8:36 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 17
Saved Save

My dress will need to be bustled after the ceremony, and I do plan to work with a bridal seamstress.

I'm struggling to find any ball gown bustles I like how they look. Anyone have a great bustle for a tulle ball gown? (I realize I should have thought about this before I ordered, but somehow that was not on my radar.)

17 Comments

Latest activity by Kira, on November 24, 2016 at 1:57 AM
  • Autumn
    VIP October 2017
    Autumn ·
    • Flag

My dress is tulle on the bottom but not nearly as full, but mine has just a single button bustle. Your seamstress should know to bustle your dress

• Linds
    Master March 2017
    Linds ·
    • Flag

I definitely trust her, however I know people can have very different taste, and I don't want to feel like I have to accept the bustle she first offers if there are options I like more. I'm pretty easy going when it comes to doing whatever is necessary to make it work, but I don't want to be so accommodating I get a look I absolutely hate.

@ LeahH - Thanks for the pic, that might actually be the best one I've seen so far!

• MrsND
    Master November 2016
    MrsND ·
    • Flag

This is another dress my seamstress worked on but mine was the same material. My lady did something just like this.

• MrsOtoBe
    VIP October 2017
    MrsOtoBe ·
    • Flag

When you meet with a seamstress, I would ask for all available options. Maybe look at bustles in general too, and if you find one you like you can ask if your seamstress is able to do it on your dress.

• Alicia
    Devoted March 2017
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

@MissNC that bustle looks really nice, does it have a name or what style is that considered? My dress is also tulle so will be working with a seamstress on what she suggests is the best for my dress.

• Mrs. Librarian
    VIP November 2016
    Mrs. Librarian ·
    • Flag

I did a 6 point bustle with my tulle dress and it came out beautiful. I am not normally a fan of how bustles come out but I loved mine!

• Linds
    Master March 2017
    Linds ·
    • Flag

I tried to search for my specific dress - and there wasn't anything on google - seriously, how is there nothing on google?

• MrsND
    Master November 2016
    MrsND ·
    • Flag

@Alicia Let me find out for you!

Eta: @Alicia She said it's called an "American bustle" or "over bustle"

• Alicia
    Devoted March 2017
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

@MrsND thanks! I will ask my seamstress about that one

• Dena
    Master April 2017
    Dena ·
    • Flag

20 point French bustle

• Hannah
    Dedicated March 2017
    Hannah ·
    • Flag

I just went to the seamstress for a bustle on my tulle dress. I asked her what she thought would be best and she showed me a few options. I told her I wanted it to look as straight and streamlined as possible so voila, American bustle. I trusted her to know what would look best but I did ask her to show me a few different kinds so I got to pick what I liked best.

• FutureMrs.M.
    Super July 2017
    FutureMrs.M. ·
    • Flag

Following, I have a full tulle ballgown too!

• Taryn & Bill
    Super November 2016
    Taryn & Bill ·
    • Flag

I spent hours looking up bustles online. Wasted hours in my case!! I went into a final fitting only to be shown all of my options by my seamstress. Mine ended up being a 9 point under bustle tied with ribbons that my MOH double knotted. It never came undone! My little sister's over bustle broke halfway through her ceremony.... but her dress was a sheath with only one point.

• Possum
    Master December 2015
    Possum ·
    • Flag

I did a five point bustle for my tulle skirt wedding dress. My dress unbustled. I'll try to find one with. But my seamstress was able to use the "belt" part of my dress to anchor three points of my bustle.

• Possum
    Master December 2015
    Possum ·
    • Flag

Pic didn't attach.

• Chelsea
    Expert October 2017
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

This is my top dress choice so far (have only been to one store), and this is a picture I found of the dress bustled.

• Kira
    Super March 2017
    Kira ·
    • Flag

Hey date twin! I would look into a "french" bustle. It would look really beautiful with a tulle skirt, especially if you have buttons going all the way down. Smiley smile

@Leah that bustle makes me swoon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles