Nicole
Dedicated April 2020

Traditions?!

Nicole, on September 19, 2019 at 6:24 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 1 41
Saved Save

I don't think my FH and I are doing a unity candle or the sand thing. I almost want to do something but it must be something out of the ordinary!! ideas?! please!!!

41 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    Maybe a whiskey or wine blending ceremony?
  • Nicole
    Dedicated April 2020
    Nicole ·
    View Quoted Comment

Ooohhhh that sounds like it can be fun! could even create "our cocktail" right there!

• Tiffany
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Tiffany ·
    I’m gonna do string art. We each have our yarn or string and wrap it around the nails that form a heart then we can hand it in our home.
  • Nicole
    Dedicated April 2020
    Nicole ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's a beautiful idea! something you can do together! I want to see that once you've done it!

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I've seen some couples paint. Or do something artsy.
  • Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    We’re doing handfasting and a ring warming ceremony but I also like that wine one where you seal a box with a bottle of wine and love letters to open at a later date to remind you of how you felt on your wedding day.
  • Ivy ORP
    Rockstar October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·

I read something about a glass ceremony. You each add colors of glass that will be fired later.

• Futuremrsmccormack
    Super February 2020
    Futuremrsmccormack ·
    View Quoted Comment
    What sorcery is this?? It sounds awesome!
  • Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    I had the same dilemma and I sort of a hand unity but made it our own. My pastor send me a bunch of different lectures and we picked one that made sense and match for us I believe it was call “with this hands” I got a regular chiffon ribbon and our pastor tie our hands with this. It was meaningful and simple.

Traditions?! 1
  • Ivy ORP
    Rockstar October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    View Quoted Comment

I only heard about it. We have an incredible glass studio here and after I heard about it I seriously considered it.

• Ivy ORP
    Rockstar October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    View Quoted Comment

I told my FW I really wanted a handfasting for our ceremony. She agreed and when I explained the meaning she loved it. I then saw pics of her first marriage and there was a handfasting! They didn't even call it that. This is such a great tradition!

• Kristin
    Dedicated August 2018
    Kristin ·
    I saw once that couples mix colored silicon in a container and then send it to a company that will heat it and turn it into a blown glass object. Just look up ‘wedding unity blown glass.’ There are different items and different price ranges.
  • Cara
    Dedicated May 2020
    Cara ·
    View Quoted Comment
    How are you doing the ring warming? During the ceremony? How many guests do you have? I want to do this but I don’t think it would work with all 120 guests.
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·

We're doing Communion for our unity ceremony!

• Andrea
    Expert May 2020
    Andrea ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes! I’m probably doing this. My cousin did it at her wedding and the end product is so unique and special.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·

We did a reverse unity candle lighting ceremony where after we lit our candle we started the chain of lighting our guests' candles. It was a beautiful and symbolic gesture of acknowledging our guests' love and support throughout our relationship and now marriage. We also did a ring blessing where our wedding bands were passed around and blessed by our guests. They were tied on a cushion in a custom made wooden box so we weren't concerned with them getting lost or dropped.

• Bridget
    Devoted October 2019
    Bridget ·
    I just went to a wedding where they had a smart seedling tree. They then each had a cup of dirt hers from her parents house eheee she grew up and his from his grandparents house. They then mixed it together and after the wedding they planted it st their house. It was so nice! But neither me nor fh have access to our childhood homes- unless we go in the middle of the night to dig up dirt. Lol. How do you explain that? Sorry officer umm yeah this is for our wedding. No- we’re not taking any money just dirt. 😂🤣😂
  • M
    Super September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    We’re doing a Cord of 3 and 🍷Ceremony.
  • Ivy ORP
    Rockstar October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    View Quoted Comment

HAHA I want to see that body cam footage!!!

• Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    There is a knot tying or zen/rock stacking

Comment on this discussion