We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Heather
Dedicated December 2014

(Topic) Couponing for your wedding

Heather, on January 6, 2014 at 4:48 AM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save

Has anyone decided to use coupons for the food and stuff for the wedding like extreme couponing type coupons. I coupon have a stockpile etc. but I've always wondered if y'all heard of it or are doing it. Thanks

11 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on January 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM
  • Jordan
    Expert November 2013
    Jordan ·
    • Flag

I used coupons for what I could but not food. Candles and brooches mostly.

• Kat
    VIP September 2014
    Kat ·
    • Flag

If I had them, I would use them...but no, not like on EC where she based her sister's wedding meal on what she had coupons for. She got bagged lettuce and frozen lasagna, if I remember correctly? LOL

• OMW
    Master August 2013
    OMW ·
    • Flag

I don't use coupons, but I always look for promo codes (better if they coincide with a sale!).

• BayBride
    Devoted May 2019
    BayBride ·
    • Flag

I got behind one at Target trying to check out..... I quickly switched lines.

• FutureMrsNoel
    VIP September 2014
    FutureMrsNoel ·
    • Flag

I used to extreme coupon, I no longer do and will never again lol. It was great money saver but the time and effort with a 4 year old was just too much. I do miss having 8 boxes of cake mix for 15 cents or 20 of a cleaning product and we paid 1.50! I am already stressing with wedding stuff so extreme for it won't happen, some coupons may though lol

• Ashleigh
    Master November 2013
    Ashleigh ·
    • Flag

I did, a little. I bought tons of stuff from Michael's and always used my 40-50% off coupon. I also shopped a little for decor at Belk and Pier 1 and used coupons. I bought my cocktail hour food and hit up the grocery store sales before hand, combined with some coupons, and saved about 50%.

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

Other than Michaels/Joann coupons (usually at least 40% off), no. We didn't make our own food, so it wouldn't have made sense.

I do normal person couponing in general to save money -- it's great to do that to save money towards your wedding. If you're DIYing the food (which is a topic for another day), then by all means, coupon but be sure you're watching expiration dates, etc. You don't want to buy something with a coupon now that goes bad by December. (Or buy a bunch of stuff now and have to switch up the menu.)

I've never heard of a caterer accepting food from a client, though, if that was a thought. Perhaps some caterers can chime in on if they could even do that.

• Celia Milton
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

Other than michael's? I don't see it. The problem with me and coupons is that it makes me buy stuff I would never buy because I have a coupon.....

• Jessica
    VIP July 2014
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

You can always use reward points as well. I'm hoping to use my points at the grocery store for my flowers, but if you have aeroplan or airmiles you could use it for the honeymoon.

The only place that would really have coupons for me would be michaels and I did get a $10 off coupon for my invitations from party city for providing my email.

• Heather
    Dedicated December 2014
    Heather ·
    • Flag

I've been buying things like makeup and that stuff for bathroom kits and gifts for the bm but I am DIY ing food with the help of his sister and we will hire servers and help for the day of

• Heather
    Dedicated December 2014
    Heather ·
    • Flag

It's only time consuming if ur going at it that extreme btw I do a lil here and a lil there

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics