Emily
Beginner June 2022

To belt or not to belt! Help!

Emily, on March 8, 2020 at 9:20 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 82

Help! I initially purchased my dress loving the simplicity, especially after trying on so many lace and heavily embellished dresses! Now I’m doubting the lack of bling. I need some thoughts on whether or not to do a small rhinestone belt or not. (Pictured is the sample size and does not fit well....

cfb_1377081.jpg

Help! I initially purchased my dress loving the simplicity, especially after trying on so many lace and heavily embellished dresses! Now I’m doubting the lack of bling. I need some thoughts on whether or not to do a small rhinestone belt or not. (Pictured is the sample size and does not fit well. My actual dress accentuates my waist more!)

82 Comments

• Julie
    Dedicated November 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    No belt! Its gorgeous and flatters you really well!!
  • Devoted August 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    I say no belt. But if you’re on the fence, try getting a belt you can try out, and return if you want to.
  • Autumn
    Just Said Yes April 2022
    Autumn ·
    • Flag
    I think you need a fabulous statement necklace instead 💎
  • Kelly
    Dedicated September 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    My vote is no belt. It looks gorgeous as is
  • C
    Dedicated April 2020
    Cindy ·
    • Flag
    No belt, the dress is beautiful! I wish I was built to wear one like it!
  • Tomia
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Tomia ·
    • Flag
    This dress is perfect !!! 😍😍😍
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    I love your dress! I vote yes to the belt!
  • Dawn
    Dedicated May 2021
    Dawn ·
    • Flag
    I think a belt would be pretty. Would add just a bit of glitz without taking away from the simplicity.
  • Amy
    Savvy January 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    I think it might depend on your other accessories if you're going with any. Hairpiece? Earrings? Necklace? Veil? If any of those have bling, then I'd add the belt...but if you're going for all around simplistic and timeless, I'd definitely vote no belt. I think its gorgeous just the way it is. Let us know what you plan to do! If the belt is cheap you could always get it and see how it looks.
  • Amy
    Savvy January 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    I also agree with the PP that said statement necklace. You have a BEAUTIFUL neckline. I'd want the attention to be there.
  • Patrice
    Dedicated September 2021
    Patrice ·
    • Flag

I think the dress is beautiful without a belt...and do keep in mind that your makeup may add that bit of shimmer and glamorous to your dress, along with your jewelry if you're wearing some statement pieces.

• T
    Devoted August 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    Pretty! A small thin belt plus blingy necklace and bracelets and you be set!
  • K
    Just Said Yes June 2022
    Katharine ·
    • Flag
    I love your dress! It’s beautiful.
  • K
    Just Said Yes June 2022
    Katharine ·
    • Flag
    It’s beautiful without the belt.
  • Elizabeth
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

I think no belt. If you want bling I would get a statement piece of crystal for your neck or a beautiful pair of drop crystal earrings or both. The dress is stunning and I think it should stand alone.

• Kristina
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Kristina ·
    • Flag
    I’d love it with a belt! Mine is also fairly simple, and I’m doin a bling belt and love the pop it gives to an otherwise classic, clean dress. To belt or not to belt! Help! 1

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Flag
    Team no belt!
  • L
    Laurie ·
    • Flag
    I think you should shop for your headpiece and other jewelry first. If you still feel you need something else, then try on other embellishments on the dress. It doesn’t have to be a full belt.... you could just have a broach at the waistline..... things to consider. I would advise that you try jewelry and other accessories first. It’s a very individual decision and once you have everything picked out, your jewelry that is, then you will be able to decide. Good luck -and trust your instinct! It’s your day!
  • S
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    I say no belt and a veil with some gorgeous trim for the accent factor!
  • Cecilia
    Dedicated January 2021
    Cecilia ·
    • Flag
    I love the belt options Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics