Emily
Beginner June 2022

To belt or not to belt! Help!

Emily, on March 8, 2020 at 9:20 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 82

Help! I initially purchased my dress loving the simplicity, especially after trying on so many lace and heavily embellished dresses! Now I’m doubting the lack of bling. I need some thoughts on whether or not to do a small rhinestone belt or not. (Pictured is the sample size and does not fit well....

cfb_1377081.jpg

Help! I initially purchased my dress loving the simplicity, especially after trying on so many lace and heavily embellished dresses! Now I’m doubting the lack of bling. I need some thoughts on whether or not to do a small rhinestone belt or not. (Pictured is the sample size and does not fit well. My actual dress accentuates my waist more!)

82 Comments

• Brittany
    October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    I say no belt! That dress is so classy and gorgeous!

• Ashley
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Honestly I say no... only because you can up do that dress with some beautiful sparkly bling like a bracelet necklace earrings you dont need anything else for your dress just accessories
  • Camilla
    Dedicated June 2021
    Camilla ·
    • Flag
    I think a belt could be a great addition.
  • Kayla
    Savvy September 2021
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    We’re dress twins!
    When trying on the dress they put a belt on it and it really completes the whole look so I say belt it!
  • Heather
    Dedicated June 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    As a photographer I would personally suggest to have a small belt on it. Wear it for the wedding and then take it off for the reception. It'll be like having 2 dresses in 1. As long as YOU love it is ALL that matters. It's YOUR day. "Your the bride, you decide" is what I KEEP hearing from everyone in regards to my wedding.
  • Biaani
    Expert May 2021
    Biaani ·
    • Flag

I think a thin belt would look beautiful . . just a little sparkle Smiley star

• Jocelyn
    Beginner June 2020
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag
    I vote no belt! If anything I think if you wear a bit more flashy jewelry it will complete the look.
  • D
    Just Said Yes December 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    Belt all the way! It’s beautiful
  • Shanna
    Dedicated May 2021
    Shanna ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is very gorgeous! And the beautiful thing about a simple dress is that you can accessorize! You can do a dramatic makeup look without it clashing. You can wear some gorgeous jewelry to bling it up. I personally think a belt would look stunning!
  • A
    Dedicated October 2020
    Adriana ·
    • Flag
    I think this dress is absolutely gorgeous the way it is! It’s really just about if you want some sparkle, but I definitely think the dress shines on it’s own.
  • Lis
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Lis ·
    • Flag
    No belt! That dress is perfect the way it is!😍
  • Marteasha
    Marteasha ·
    • Flag

I love the dress! I think you should add a belt.

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

No belt. The dress speaks volumes. If you add a belt, the dress is now wearing you. And ideally you should be wearing the dress. You want people to look at YOU not just your dress.

• Andrea
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    A simple rhinestone and pearL belt !!
  • Lisette
    Beginner May 2023
    Lisette ·
    • Flag
    Tbh I would decorate the edges of the sleeves. It adds bling but doesn’t ruin the beautiful line that this dress is creating with your body.
  • Kaylyn
    Beginner May 2021
    Kaylyn ·
    • Flag
    I almost got this dress!! Soo beautiful. I tried it on with a few different belts and I really like a super sparkly/beaded belt with it.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    I LOVE your dress. I don’t think it’s too simple. You could always put on a belt for the reception or for ceremony and take off during reception! But your dress is beautiful I don’t think you need anything else.
  • Ester
    Dedicated April 2022
    Ester ·
    • Flag

Team Belt! I love the dress itself but if you feel like something is missing, go ahead and add something. You don't want to look back years later feeling some type of regret that you didnt add some bling.

• Jade
    Expert November 2021
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    I vote no belt because it’s so perfect as is! But maybe a veil with some embellishments?
  • Jordan
    Expert March 2021
    Jordan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think adding the belt would be perfect!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics