We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Raegan
Just Said Yes August 2021

To all my fall brides...

Raegan, on June 2, 2020 at 8:05 AM Posted in Community Conversations 1 29
Saved Save
Reply

Anyone who is getting married in September thru December postponing their wedding? My wedding is on 10/10/2020 and I am hesitant to postpone because it's still far away.

29 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on June 16, 2020 at 1:25 PM
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    Where are you located? We're in Texas, and our venue refused to allow us to postpone again (we were originally August). I would definitely give it some more time before you decide. Things are changing every day, and even though there are restrictions in place now it might be better by October
    • Reply
  • Kim
    Savvy October 2020
    Kim ·
    • Flag
    We are getting married on 10/10/20 in Tennessee. We are not postponing. If we have to go smaller we will and then have a big party later.
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    Expert May 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

    Scheduled for November 2nd 2020 Trying to rebook for next year, but of course my venue is now almost all booked next year. The 2 dates they offered simply don’t work for us. There are people moving to next year, and then the already scheduled weddings.

    • Reply
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

    Our wedding is scheduled for 10/10/20 in the Keys - which just opened back up yesterday. We are not planning on postponing. We figure worst case we'll have to downsize but we're already at 45 (including us) - and it will be outside. We feel pretty confident we will be OK.

    • Reply
  • A
    Super December 2020
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    Not planning on making a decision until October for our December wedding.
    • Reply
  • Breanna
    Devoted September 2020
    Breanna ·
    • Flag
    We're still planning for our date. We're in Northern Minnesota and date is 09/26/2020. We're at the point where we're still going to have the ceremony no matter what. Whether we can have everyone or just family it'll happen. I'm thinking mid to late August we'll make the decision about the reception.
    • Reply
  • Alyssa
    Savvy August 2021
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    We’re going to make a decision in September for our CT December wedding half of our guests are coming from out of state including NJ & NYC
    • Reply
  • Liz
    Savvy October 2021
    Liz ·
    • Flag

    Just rescheduled my 10/17 wedding to 10/23/21 last week!

    • Reply
  • Sydney
    Beginner September 2020
    Sydney ·
    • Flag
    9/6 and we’re still planning to go with it. I just paid off my dress and booked my DJ last week.
    • Reply
  • Rebecca
    Beginner September 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

    We are 9/5/20 and are currently working with our venue to reschedule to Sept 2021. We plan to move forward with a ceremony with friends and family on our original date and then a larger celebration and vow renewal 1 year later. Even if regulations are lifted (we are in CA) having lots of people in a confined space dancing and laughing and talking loudly doesn't seem safe. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to a friend or family member because I wanted a party.

    • Reply
  • Brandy
    Just Said Yes August 2021
    Brandy ·
    • Flag
    My wedding destination is September 5, 2020. Lots of people traveling, my guest count almost 90. Not sure if I should postpone. So worried.
    • Reply
  • Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    We are in Florida and still scheduled for November 7, 2020. My venue has not made any suggestions saying that we should postpone just yet so I am still pushing on as I normally would. All of my vendors are booked. All we have to do is buy small decoration pieces and get with the caterer on what food we want to serve.
    • Reply
  • S
    Dedicated September 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

    We're still on for Sept 19, 2020 in NYC. Our venue hasn't given us the option of rescheduling, yet. Here's hoping it gets to happen on our original date.

    • Reply
  • Jess
    Devoted May 2021
    Jess ·
    • Flag

    We were September 2020, but postponed to May 2021. I'm in northern VA and things are opening up really slowly here. We got hit pretty bad... Our venue doesn't expect to have weddings of over 50 for the rest of the year, so we chose to move further out instead of cutting our guests.

    • Reply
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    We’re having a destination wedding in Las Vegas on 10/10/20. FH and I decided that we will move forward unless the venue cancels on us. We only invited 65 guests. So it’s already pretty small, which is good these days. However, we still have a plan B because we have to be smart and prepared. So while planning for 10/10/20, I’m simultaneously preparing my mind for October 2021 too.
    • Reply
  • Lisa
    Expert April 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    We were October 4th but decided to postpone to April 4th. We’re having a destination wedding in Mexico.
    • Reply
  • Kaitlin
    Savvy March 2021
    Kaitlin ·
    • Flag
    We’re getting married on 10/10 as well, we’re doing destination in Hawaii. As of now, we’re still a go. I’m assuming our guest count will drop, but we were only anticipating 45 people to begin with, we won’t be making final decisions to postpone until August unless something crazy happens before then
    • Reply
  • Jo
    Expert November 2020
    Jo ·
    • Flag
    We’re getting married on November 21 and we aren’t planning on postponing yet, and fingers crossed we don’t have to. I’m worried that if we do postpone the dates we want will already be booked.
    • Reply
  • Queen Cone
    Devoted September 2020
    Queen Cone ·
    • Flag
    I’m september in NY and not postponing. I will get married on my day one way or another. the way the world is right now I cant imagine postponing a year only to encounter some new ridiculous plot twist
    • Reply
  • Raegan
    Just Said Yes August 2021
    Raegan ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all for your input! We are getting married in NorCal at my cousins house. We have invited 115 but expect less than 75 to show up. Right now we aren’t going to postpone. Wish you all the best with your weddings!
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics