We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Emily
Dedicated August 2020

Tips for vendors

Emily, on August 7, 2020 at 12:15 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 4
Saved Save
Hi all! Our previously postponed from April wedding is coming up in two weekends FINALLY and we are going ahead with it (we are in MD, originally invited 160 people and will have 100 now total). Can’t cancel without losing all of our money so we’re going ahead. But that’s besides the point..

In terms of tipping I’m curious what percent you do for your hair and make up? Neither person doing ours is the owner so I know we have to tip. And then do you also tip the videographer and photographers? Both of mine own their independence companies.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on August 10, 2020 at 2:16 PM
  • Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    15-20% is always appropriate for tips. When I pay $150 for my hair stylist I always tip her at least $25
  • L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I typically tip around 20% for hair/makeup, assuming that I'm happy with the work that was done. Even though my photographer owns his own business, we still plan to leave a tip, though we haven't decided on the amount yet.
  • Lisa
    Devoted October 2021
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag

My hair and make-up are being done by the same company, two different ladies; one for hair and one for make-up. Since the total cost of both services is $195, I just assume each service is $97.50 and planning on tipping each 20%. Some days I think $20 is not good enough, should each get $40?! I don't know. But I think 20% is good!

We are having one photographer, who is included in our package with our venue. We plan to tip him $150/$200 on the day of the wedding.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Emily! We have a great tipping guide you can check out as well: Exactly How Much To Tip Wedding Vendors! 💰

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles