Skip to main content
M
Savvy July 2019

Tips for Vendors

Marinda, on July 8, 2019 at 11:44 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Saved
What would you say a good tip is for each vendor? Are you doing a percentage of what they charge? A specific amount for each one? The same amount for each one?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Melle, on July 9, 2019 at 11:17 AM
  • Erin
    Dedicated July 2019
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    I spent so long on this reading different articles and watching youtube videos on this topic. If you search the forums you will find the discussions with lots of those listed. I did 20% for hair and makeup. Everyone else I did a flat amount - somewhere between $50 and $150 for each person. Most of my vendors own their business and I tipped them anyway because they were outstanding. I semi followed the advice I found that gave certain percentages for certain vendors and then adjusted it to my budget. My day of coordinator suggested that if I felt some one had gone above and beyond to tip them and I followed that. I tipped my photographers, florist, cake baker, dj, events manager at my venue and my day of coordinator. Tip was already included in the shuttle I hired to transport guests and in my catering/bar costs.
  • M
    Savvy July 2019
    Marinda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Miranda!

There is actually an article in the ideas section that I think would be a great help for you - Exactly How Much To Tip Wedding Vendors: A Complete List.

Have you checked all of your vendor contracts to see if any of them have gratuity already included?

• M
    Savvy July 2019
    Marinda ·
    • Flag
    Thank you! I didn’t even think to look for another discussion about it. None of the contracts have a tip included in the price
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I gave 15% for mine

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics