We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Michelle
Just Said Yes June 2021

Timing is everything!

Michelle, on January 21, 2021 at 9:56 AM Posted in Planning 0 3
Saved Save
Good morning fellow brides-to-be!!
I am having a little bit of trouble with scheduling on the big day.
Our ceremony is scheduled to begin at 1pm. How long should it last? I need to also give a setup/breakdown time for the bartender and tables/chairs/tent😳. Now of course this is all given that we will be able to have a larger number of guests 😪😪😪. Has anyone hashed out these details yet? 😬Thank you so much in advance for all of your suggestions!! 💚

3 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on January 21, 2021 at 4:35 PM
  • Biaani
    Expert May 2021
    Biaani ·
    • Flag

Hey Michelle! I know most places give a 2 hour setup time frame and 1 hour for clean up. So if your ceremony is at 1 pm maybe have them set up around 10:30 am to be safe. Ceremonies last around 30 min, unless you're doing a special tradition.

• A
    Expert September 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Ceremony length totally depends on your style/religion/personal preferences. I think my ceremony was 10 minutes in length but we basically just said our vows and the officiant read two readings. As far as setup/tear down, your vendors should be able to advise you on the amount of time they’ll need.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    A religious ceremony can last anywhere from 30-60 minutes. A nonreligious lasts 5-30 minutes. It all depends on what you and the officiant agree on.

The bartender should already know how much time they need for setup/tear down because they do this nearly every week as professionals. They just need to know the time they are allowed to go in.
    Your vendors do this for a living so they have timelines down to a science. They need to know what time the venue will allow them in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics