Jasmine
Rockstar August 2020

The Backtrack Has Been So Real...

Jasmine, on May 10, 2019 at 12:53 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 5
Saved Save

KIND OF LENGTHY

SO...I'm anxious cause I just want to marry my best friend already. Granted we pretty much planned everything (and of course by "we", I mean "me" ) and we were just waiting on saving our little money to make payments. We were set for everything for an intimate (immediate family only) Hawaiian elopement on this GORGEOUS black sand beach. We were going to turn it into our little honeymoon trip as well, which financially, would have added up so we planned for 2021 to give us time to save for it.

NOW...I'm in no way complaining but we are putting everything on pause. We're back at square one because of this random precious little baby boy amusingly shaking a box of candy at the store. My FH and I, as of right now, touched base on talking about starting a family of our own. The last thing we would want is for us to spend all this money on our Hawaii trip that could go into taking care of a kid because we all know kids aint cheap! We have decided in the event of starting our own family, we would still have an intimate wedding but just closer to home to save for travel and lodging expenses and we would just pause on having a honeymoon.

THIS...In the very beginning stages of planning, we had our eyes set on another gorgeous beach-ish venue in San Diego. It was just too much financially (shocker), so we had to pass. Luckily, the company we're going through now for the Hawaii ceremony also offers the venue we originally wanted which is GREAT so we were thinking we can just go back to that venue through them and save a ton! If we do end up going the route of having kids, this will be our old/new location:

Possible Location Change - Cuvier ParkThe Backtrack Has Been So Real... 1

What are some things that made you decide to change any of your wedding plans? Was it something that you just chose to do just because or was it something you were kind of forced to do? Do you regret it or do you think it turned or will turn out for the better?

5 Comments

• Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·

We had to change our goal date (early October) to the end of August to get the venue we wanted!

• Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

We ended up changing the time of year so many times lol but that's cool you got the venue you wanted! Congrats

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·

Hi Jasmine!

It's wonderful to hear you and your FS have such open communication and clearly a great relationship!

Cuvier Park is beautiful, as I'm sure the venue in Hawaii is!

Whichever option you choose, it will be the right one for ya'll. There's no right or wrong decision here, you're just choosing between two different options

• Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks! I greatly appreciate it. I'm still very much excited no matter what happens.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·
    View Quoted Comment

Exactly, it's all about the two of you getting married at the end of the day

Comment on this discussion