We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

MrsD
Legend July 2019

Tell me about the special touches at your wedding!

MrsD, on September 19, 2019 at 4:46 PM

Posted in Do It Yourself 30

What makes your wedding unique to you and your significant other? Post pictures & tell me! The elk skull was from the first bull elk I ever harvested!Our dog, Lucky, was our dog of honor. The wrap around my bouquet was actually made by my mother in law. It has pieces from her wedding dress! I...

What makes your wedding unique to you and your significant other? Post pictures & tell me!

The elk skull was from the first bull elk I ever harvested!cfb_1288035.jpgOur dog, Lucky, was our dog of honor.cfb_1288037.jpg

The wrap around my bouquet was actually made by my mother in law. It has pieces from her wedding dress!cfb_1288039.jpg

I wore black cowboy boots (as did my husband). My MOH had him write on the bottom and she showed me right before I put them on. The boots are extra special, my father bought them for me before my college graduation & I wore them for that event too!cfb_1288041.jpgI had my husband's name tape sewed inside my dress from his time he served in the USMC.cfb_1288043.jpg

All the antlers were supplied by a groomsmen who shed hunts all the time!cfb_1288045.jpgOur cake topper is an heirloom, my parents & grandparents & great grandparents all used it.cfb_1288047.jpgOur grand exit was fun, all our guests had mini cowbells to shake!cfb_1288051.jpg

The center diamond is an heirloom diamond in my family. It belonged to my great great grandmother. My husband had it put in a new setting before he proposed.cfb_1288055.jpg

30 Comments

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I feel so honored! Haha how sweet! I love the idea and I bet he did too!

• Frankie19
    Dedicated August 2019
    Frankie19 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It was pretty hard lol Apparently the 1955 Melbourne mint only made a small number so they can go for thousands! I assume this one was maybe a Perth mint (no idea how I’d actually find out, this is just based on very limited research). I told my in-laws I was looking for one and there was an upcoming coin show here they, my MIL spend so lol digging through all the pennies that when she finally found it the shop owner told her she could have it free as “she worked hard enough for it” LOL

The painting defiantly wasn’t cheap! We skipped having a photo booth (which around here was going to be $1,000 alone) it was defiantly a splurge item but we considered it an investment. Also my dad gave us a very generous cash gift before the wedding and said we could use for whatever we want. Since he collects art we though we could use his gift to help towards that, the rest will probably go towards my student loans lol.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

OMG! That is such a cool story!

That makes sense, we did a photo booth instead! One or the other makes sense for sure.

• Frankie19
    Dedicated August 2019
    Frankie19 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh absolutely! We looked at photo booth options but for the money they wanted we didn’t think it was worth it. This was a painter we had seen in action, painting a jazz gig we went to, so felt secure in what we’re getting.
  • Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    All your photos are so amazing & the touches are so sweet.We don’t have much unique things in our wedding.

My sash is my cousins, we are hoping to start our own family heirloom. She wore it to her wedding, I’ll wear it to mine & hopefully her daughter will wear it when she gets married.

My flower bouquet will include a fake flower that my grand mom made when she was alive in her senior art dance.

I’m wearing my FMIL sapphires earrings on my wedding.

Our dog is the ring bearer - we are doing a full custom tux.

• Jazmin
    Super April 2019
    Jazmin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, I love weddings with personalized vows. It adds a whole different vibe.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much! I love all your touches & I love the family heirloom idea you guys started, that is so beautiful! Yay for your dog being in the wedding!

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I totally agree!

• J
    Devoted April 2021
    J ·
    • Flag
    Your wedding & special touches are absolutely amazing & heartwarming! How special it is to have belongings from our great grandparents ❤.

For us some of our special touches include us getting married in California (we are in AZ, but my FH was born & raised there up until HS & I lived in Cali 3 times when my grandpa ((he raised me)) use to be in the military). Our first date included eating mexican food, so to go with the laid back vibe we will be having tacos! (Plus I'm half mexican) Both of us are not big cake people so instead we will be serving brownies. The nickname he gave me was Brownie because I'm brown lol & mainly because I made him brownies from scratch for our first V-Day together and he says that's when he knew he loved me (I guess a way to a man's heart is his stomach LOL).

We have three rescue cats together and they're all named after candy (Reese, Skittles, Kit Kat) so to include them we will also be having a small candy bar. I think the main thing we are doing to make our day "us" is our overall theme. We joke that we are polar opposites & that we are "mix matched" so that's what our theme is! We are mixing all kinds of textures, patterns, & colors! We like to call it "thrift shop chic" and "The Putnam Podge" lol (his last name is Putnam).

I can't wait for our big day!
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much! Yes, it is super special! Your special touches sound adorable, I bet it will be great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇