Mkkr0624
Dedicated June 2017

Taco/burrito bar opinions

Mkkr0624, on November 17, 2016 at 2:00 PM Posted in Planning 0 33
Saved

My fiancé and I are on a tight budget, so we have been planning on having a BBQ buffet catered for our informal wedding next summer. However, most of the BBQ places we like don't include vegetarian entrees, and I have a few vegetarian guests who will be there. I just thought today about the fact that there are Chipotle and Moe's and a few other non-chain Mexican restaurants in the area that cater, those all have the option of a tofu meat alternative to order alongside the meats. My question is has anyone ever been to a wedding with a taco bar? What were thoughts on it? Good/bad? Thanks!

33 Comments

Latest activity by Jameson, on November 17, 2016 at 5:45 PM
  • Celia Milton
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

By itself, it's not enough.

Cut the guest list.

• Jeanmarie
    Super December 2017
    Jeanmarie ·
    • Flag

I have not been to a wedding with a taco bar but I'd be thrilled because tacos are yummy . However, I think I would need to be really careful not to get anything on my outfit/dress because tacos can also be messy.

Edit: Would the taco bar be the only option?

• Mrs.Frizz
    VIP October 2016
    Mrs.Frizz ·
    • Flag

We had a taco/fajita station as our late night food. It was amazing & the guests loved it.

• Orchids
    Master March 2018
    Orchids ·
    • Flag

TACO BAR OMG YES PLEASE!

• Polly
    VIP May 2017
    Polly ·
    • Flag

Tacos are great! We're having a taco/quesadilla option as well. I'd say get some tofu/veggie/meatless Chipotle options but then also have some heavy veggie appetizers (fruit, cheese, crudites, etc) in addition. Along with guacamole because everyone loves guacamole!

• M+K
    VIP August 2017
    M+K ·
    • Flag

Personally, i could eat the whole bar by myself. Yum! But I'm not sure everyone would like that.

• Mkkr0624
    Dedicated June 2017
    Mkkr0624 ·
    • Flag

Thanks for feedback! I should preface by saying that would be the dinner menu, but we are planning lots of snacks and multiple desserts.

It was something that occurred to me because I happen to love tacos/burritos/taco salads. We're having an informal small (like 40 people) wedding in a park lodge.

I will bring it up with FH and talk about it tonight, I just wanted to get a sense of how people would react. ETA: also I thought of it because I know it wouldn't upset my stomach like heavier BBQ would, although I know I won't be eating much anyway

• FutureMrsB
    VIP December 2016
    FutureMrsB ·
    • Flag

I would be THRILLED to go to a wedding with a Chipotle bar. Thrilled. I would make sure there is extra and that tortilla chips, queso, and salsa are also plentiful.

• Rebecca
    Master November 2015
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We actually had a fajita buffet at our wedding with lots of options. I would go with a local Mexican restaurant over a Chipotle or Moe's. As long as you're ok with a less formal vibe and there will be enough options, there's nothing wrong with this.

• Blair Waldorf
    Master October 2017
    Blair Waldorf ·
    • Flag

My friend is doing fuzzys taco shop catering and it sounds delicious, she I basically a vegetarian btw

• Lillian
    Expert April 2017
    Lillian ·
    • Flag

A Taco bar is a great idea! Just be sure to get rice and beans too!

• Mkkr0624
    Dedicated June 2017
    Mkkr0624 ·
    • Flag

@Bailey J. We thought about italian, sadly my FH doesn't really like Italian (I think he's nuts), I also can't eat pasta without spilling, so my worry is the opposite of yours! I was going to add bowls to make burrito bowls from the meats, beans, cheese, lettuce, toppings, ect., I think I'd be less likely to spill that on myself haha. I think I'll need a bib either way, I'm horrible at not dropping food on my nice clothes.

• SleepytheDwarf
    Master June 2017
    SleepytheDwarf ·
    • Flag

Sounds delicious, but super messy. I want food that doesn't have a 90% chance of getting spilled.

• Jennifer
    Super April 2017
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

We are having a Taquiza at our wedding...I'm so excited Smiley smile My FH is Hispanic and we have been to many party's with a Taquiza we were very happy and satisfied with the food. They will be serving 3 different types of taco meat we chose Al Pastor, Chicken and Carne Asada it comes with rice and beans a salad and all of the salsa, onions and cilantro and also 2 different types of Agua Fresca. It's all you can eat Smiley smile I'm getting hungry typing this..LOL

• Jallisa
    Devoted May 2017
    Jallisa ·
    • Flag

My mother went to an out door wedding that had a taco food truck she said everyone loved it

• O&L
    VIP September 2016
    O&L ·
    • Flag

I have been to a wedding where the only meal is Taco. It was yummy but the only thing lacking some sort of appetizers (Chips, Salsa, etc.) before the meal.

Also there are three severs behind the counters, cooking and serving, The only "bar" part was the topping. I really need Taco now.

• Fitz
    Master August 2018
    Fitz ·
    • Flag

I would love this! Tacos are my favorite.

• Rebecca
    Master November 2015
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I forget who, but someone else on here had this same style, catered by a Mexican restaurant and it included a taco or fajita bar (can't remember which) but also items like tamales, enchiladas, and marinated chicken over rice. Just another idea in case you're worried about how messy it could be.

• Salisbride
    Super July 2016
    Salisbride ·
    • Flag

I like this idea, I echo the suggestion to try one of the local places before the chains. I think since you're having it at a lodge and you're not going for formal, your guests probably won't come dressed in their finest, so it's ok that the food could be on the messy side.

• Pickles
    Super February 2018
    Pickles ·
    • Flag

Maybe I am crazy but I think of BBQ being more messy than tacos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics