Sydney
Savvy October 2020

Table Linen Help!

Sydney, on October 29, 2019 at 10:32 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 34
Saved Save
I’m trying to decide on table linens and I can’t decide between going with a classic white or a deep teal. My ring is a deep teal and I really wanted that to be the main color for the wedding so my bridesmaids are wearing this color too. I just can decide if teal on the tables is too much?? Thoughts?

Table Linen Help! 1

34 Comments

• Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

What about doing the classic white table linens with the deep teal color for napkins? Best of both worlds and since your bridesmaids will be wearing the deep teal as well, it'll be a nice separation between their dresses and the tables.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    I love the teal! Different than classic white.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted December 2019
    Stefanie ·
    • Flag
    I personally prefer classic white. But would add teal accents like jasmines idea
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos Online ·
    • Flag
    I think white looks bland honestly. I love teal and think you should go for it. I’m doing all red tablecloths and I wasn’t sure at first like you. But when I went to the rental company showroom and saw the ivory with red runners compared to the all red it was no contest.

Table Linen Help! 2

Table Linen Help! 3
  • Sydney
    Savvy October 2020
    Sydney ·
    • Flag
    Thanks ladies! I just didn’t want the deep teal to get lost since it is the main color. and since my flowers will be white and a dusty mustard, I was originally leaning towards teal to make them pop.

Table Linen Help! 4
  • Lisa Marie
    Devoted October 2020
    Lisa Marie ·
    • Flag
    We are using deep teal, too!

My thought is to use white table cloths, deep teal napkins, and either white chair covers with matching teal sash or chiavari chairs (having a hard time justifying $10 per chair tho!). We get complimentary uplight colors so that will be teal, too. It should reflect nicely off the white!

Regardless of what you choose, it will be lovely!
  • mrsanda
    VIP March 2017
    mrsanda ·
    • Flag
    I love the teal with a white runner or something to lighten it like white flowers. if there are photos of a bridesmaid by the linen you don’t want them to blend. I also love the white linen with a teal runner or something. Would love to see your ring!
  • Sydney
    Savvy October 2020
    Sydney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My ring 😍
  • Sydney
    Savvy October 2020
    Sydney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My ring 😍

Table Linen Help! 5
  • Sydney
    Savvy October 2020
    Sydney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh I see! Yes, it’s definitely two very different looks! The red linen definitely makes an impression! 😍
  • Sydney
    Savvy October 2020
    Sydney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love chiavari chairs! I think they definitely bring a modern, romantic look while still being timeless. Also brings a different texture to the style!
  • Ann
    Devoted September 2021
    Ann ·
    • Flag
    Classic white! You don’t want too much of the teal if your bride maids are already wearing that color.
  • S
    Devoted October 2019
    Summer ·
    • Flag
    Are you having a wedding party table? Or a sweet heart table? If so you could have the guest tables teal, and the wedding/sweet heart table white (or black). For our wedding we did white and burgandy
  • S
    Devoted October 2019
    Summer ·
    • Flag
    Or do teal for your table, and white for the guests
  • M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    You don’t want to do a Teal overload.

Here’s some White 60" x 102" Tablecloth for $3.96 each.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BalsaCircle-60-x-102-Rectangle-Polyester-Tablecloth-for-Party-Wedding-Reception-Catering-Dining-Home-Table-Linens/158449129
  • Alyssa
    Expert June 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

I would go classic white and maybe see what the rental company has in terms of teal charger plates/napkins for pop. You can also do a menu/table numbers or something on the tablescape to pop some teal in there.

• Reena
    Dedicated July 2020
    Reena ·
    • Flag
    I love the teal linens. What would your centerpieces look like?

I guess you could do white linens with teal accents for the centerpieces or the opposite...teal linens and white accents.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I would
    go with classic white and teal napkins to make the teal stand out. I think with your girls wearing teal it might be too much but it’s beautiful.
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Are you doing a cocktail hour? We did our colored linen (navy) on our cocktail hour high top tables and ivory on our dinner tables with navy napkins. It turned out beautiful.

• mrsanda
    VIP March 2017
    mrsanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s so pretty!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics