We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Dj Tanner
June 2021

Struggling

Dj Tanner, on November 13, 2020 at 7:53 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 27
Saved Save
Brides. I’m struggling tonight. Now my state lowered our outdoor guest count to 75 people. My wedding is the beginning of June, and yes I know Things may change, but I do have to think about what is happening right now. In reality as of right now I am only allowed to have 75 guests and I currently have a little over 90. Are there any brides out there that have had to uninvite guests from their wedding due to Covid? If so, how did you tell people? My fiancé and I are pretty much at a loss of how we would even go about telling people well you know because of Covid we are restricted to guest count so sorry but you just didn’t make the cut. Because no matter how nicely worded to people that is EXACTLY how it will sound to them. Because basically that is what you’re saying to them. So if anyone has any suggestions or if anyone could tell us what they said to guests that would be really helpful. Thanks

27 Comments

Latest activity by KYLIE, on November 15, 2020 at 9:18 AM
  • Victorian Bride
    Master June 2021
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    Oh! I feel for you!! You are exactly right. There is no good way to give anyone that news. I'm going to throw out some suggestions.

Would you consider doing only a live stream except for your bridal party and immediate family? That way no one can really get upset because everyone is invited to the live feed ONLY because of covid. Thats what we are doing. We are actually eloping and will live feed our ceremony to everyone because it'll be just the two of us.
    I hope this is somewhat helpful. I'm so sorry. Covid will never be forgotten! I'm here to help if any questions. Best wishes! ❤
  • Kelli
    Savvy May 2021
    Kelli ·
    • Flag
    I think there will be some people that will pass on coming because of Covid. And you never know with what the restrictions will be then for better or worse. Our stare just went to 10 people. Don’t forget your vendors are people too!
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for reaching out! We are actually doing virtual for the grandparents and a few others that will be able to attend. It’s just hard because all of the people that we invited we are actually close to. Like as far as all of our friends go I could never picture myself telling any of them hey sorry do you mind watching virtual. I could honestly pictures telling family members that over our friends. It’s just so stressful. I’m right with you. This is a hard time for us. I’m also here if you need anything bride ♥️
  • A
    Super September 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Our venue told us vendors don’t count 😮 I was shocked...
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just feel like there are so many other things that are allowed. I feel like we are totally able to have safe weddings and follow the guidelines. I’m just so sick of these restrictions. And I feel like some states have such a little restrictions and others they’re just slamming down the hammer. Meanwhile there’s not much of a drastic change between the numbers. It seems like the states that have the more lockdown restrictions have the higher numbers per cap but idk
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    You definitely have awhile to go so who knows what will happen. And even if there aren't any more restrictions, there will be some people who don't feel comfortable coming especially if Covid is still bad. I would do virtual for the more at risk guests since it wouldn't be safe to have them exposed to many other people.
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol and again like this is just another thing where a lot of the rules don’t make any sense. This does not seem like scientific data to me. I’m not saying that I don’t believe that this is serious. But I mean come on a lot of the rules just don’t make any sense. For example, my guests have to sit down all night unless they go to the bathroom. We will be outside. There are plenty of other things that don’t have these restrictions.They love Zumba class outside no problem. No person limit for that
  • Kelli
    Savvy May 2021
    Kelli ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow!!

I understand the stress tho. We are getting married in May and we have everything booked and planned so it’s not easy to hear the restrictions at all and constantly worry what the next week or month brings. I’m hoping things will get better but not anticipating it will. Worse case we will do something small and even tho it’s not what I envisioned I am still going to marry the man and I’m so excited about that!!
    I really hope things get better for everyone. No matter what your family and friends who are really there for you will still love you at the end of the day. ❤️❤️
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah, we are definitely doing virtual. Especially for the grandparents. They live out of state so aside from Covid it’s probably just a better idea. There’s also a few other people that will be doing virtual.
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You are absolutely right♥️ Thanks for the reply
  • Victorian Bride
    Master June 2021
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow! Really? Does your venue think they are robots? Sorry! I've never heard of such a strange statement.
  • Victorian Bride
    Master June 2021
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Totally agree! ❤ Such an awesome reply!!
  • Victorian Bride
    Master June 2021
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! You are so sweet. ❤ I appreciate your support. Everyone on here seems to want to support each other, which I find refreshing. I love WW. We are all planning weddings during a pandemic.
  • M
    Beginner September 2020
    Mel ·
    • Flag
    Hi there! Bride here who successfully had a wedding during the pandemic (and went through every possible up/down during the planning process). Some suggestions/advice:

1) Breathe - It will all work out as it should 🙂

2) Make a couple alternate guest lists for each possible scenario
    3) So much can (and will) change from now until June, so don’t make any permanent changes to the guest list until right before you send invites - I would suggest sending invites at the last possible moment - I know most wedding websites will give you a far out timeline, but during covid, you definitely don’t want to order or send out invites too early.
    4) During these crazy times, people will understand if you have to un-invite them - you can send correspondence that says due to the pandemic you had to cut down your “in person” list & invite them to view your ceremony via zoom .
    5) Remember this is about you and your future partner - don’t worry about who’s going to be upset with you, because those in your corner will understand!
    6) typically, (during normal times), between 10-20% of guests who are invited to weddings decline. For example, I invited 104 people and had about 76 total
    Hope this helps !
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It does help a lot, thank you. Were you allowed to dance Or were there a lot of restrictions in place where you are?
  • A
    Dedicated May 2021
    Ally ·
    • Flag
    Honestly if you are inviting 90 and can only have 75, you may have 15 people decline anyway. That’s pretty normal for weddings in general but especially now with the pandemic
  • A
    Super September 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Right! I feel, outdoors should be much more lenient...
  • M
    Beginner September 2020
    Mel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I do live in a state that has had strict restrictions. However, we were allowed to dance. I honestly
    think it more depends on the venue. We had a completely outdoor wedding as well, which also helps people feel more comfortable. Our wedding was during the summer where the covid numbers lowered a lot, so I think you’ll be good!
  • A
    Super September 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I confirmed in the email - I said we have x amount of guests plus x vendors so we are at our max person limit - they responded via email, vendors do not count and we can invite a few more guests... 🤔
  • Victorian Bride
    Master June 2021
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Interesting. As long as it's allowed and you wish to invite more, go for it. Where I live, vendors definitely count. Best of luck!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles