Tiffany
Beginner January 2020

Something special for my daughter

Tiffany, on September 8, 2019 at 2:18 AM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 8
Saved Save
I am getting married to the love of my life in January. I have an 8 year old daughter from a previous relationship. My fiancé and her have a very special bond even though she splits time between her dad’s and our house. I would like to give her something special on my wedding day because she is still #1 to us. I need ideas for a gift from me and/or a gift from my fiancé.

8 Comments

• Naikesha
    Expert September 2020
    Naikesha ·
    You can do a nice locket with a picture of you and her. As for the fiancé you should do a dance at the reception or she can be incorporated into the wedding where he make vows to be there for her and ask her will she allow him to be her step dad and when she says yes place the locket around her neck.
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·

Hey there, Tiffany!

This is so sweet

A piece of jewelry could be a perfect gift idea as she could have it forever.

If you do go with jewelry, it would be best to get something which she can wear as she grows up, like a necklace or earrings! I really like Naikesha's idea of a locket with photos inside it.

Do you like this idea?

• Renee
    Expert April 2020
    Renee ·
    Etsy has a bunch of cute stuff, from personalized jewelry boxes to stuffed animals and more. They even have stuff for step daughters that say "marriage made you family but love made you my daughter" and other sentimental stuff like that. It's where I'm shopping for my stepson. You should check it out
  • Sherry
    VIP September 2019
    Sherry ·

I have seen several post and videos, here, google, FB etc where during the ceremony, the groom would also have vows for her (he promises to treat her and you with love and respect, he isn't trying to take you away from her, take the place of her dad etc) and give her a ring so that is an idea. I always tear up when I see it, its such a cute and sweet gesture.

• Alyx
    Savvy August 2020
    Alyx ·

We have our god daughter (8) being incorporated into our wedding. She is very special to us and we will be giving her a very special gift from us. We are taking her to Build-a Bear to ask her to be in our wedding. She will be choosing her dress, shoes and jewelry for the wedding as well.

• Erika
    Dedicated August 2020
    Erika ·

I have a 13 yr old from a previous relationship and he is a 12 yr old from a previous relationship so we were thinking of doing a dance He and her, Me and him but I am totally unsure. We may just have them do a dance routine. My daughter wasn't feeling that so we are still trying to figure this out. They will both be in the wedding party though.

• Jessica
    Dedicated November 2020
    Jessica ·

A pearl necklace would be so sweet! or any necklace that would match with her wedding day dress!

• K
    Savvy September 2020
    Kaitlyn ·

I know it sounds corny, but a mother/daughter necklace is something she can cherish for a long time. I also love what other posters have said about incorporating a dance in the wedding.

Comment on this discussion