S
Dedicated June 2021

So my dress came in that i bought based on photo...

Stephanie, on February 17, 2021 at 11:28 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 26
Saved
I posted before i bought my dress without seeing it on. I then made the mistake of putting my dress in a collage of photos and asked my fiancé what he thought of the dresses . He came across my dress ans said basiclly didnt like it at all.
Fast forward today. I tried it on over the weekend. Needs a few adjustments but over all.good fit.
I dont love it much anymore, i thought once i had it on i woulr love it again... but i dont. I think its ok but mostly i feel like a fat sausage in it is the best description. Im gonna wear it i have no time or other options. How or what can i do if anything to not feel this way. I feel very self conscious in it. Like people will look at me and think why would you chose that of all dresses. So my dress came in that i bought based on photo... 1

So my dress came in that i bought based on photo... 2

26 Comments

Latest activity by Stacey, on February 27, 2021 at 9:27 AM
  • Sandra
    Dedicated September 2021
    Sandra ·
    • Flag
    First off you are not a “fat sausage” and that dress is gorgeous! I feel like it usually doesn’t go very well to show the dudes a photo of the dress. Not sure they can imagine the full effect per se. Whereas seeing you in it on your wedding day all glowy and happy and then that’s a whole different story! He will love it if you can love it. Plus I think it really helps when you do the whole package, you know hair and makeup and veil and really feeling “bridal.” I’m sorry you’re feeling this way but seriously the dress is so fun and flirty and still romantic - great choice!
  • Paige L.
    Super September 2021
    Paige L. ·
    • Flag

If you are wanting some more dramatic curves, you could always ask a local bridal shop for recommendations on shape wear! I personally think the dress looks lovely, but I understand that my reassurance isn't going to do much to help.

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    The dress looks fine to me! Perhaps a few alterations would define the waist area a little more. And/or, a rhinestone belt might help break up the torso area to make you feel more comfortable. But once everything is put together (hair, makeup, etc) every bride looks beautiful!
  • A
    Super September 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag
    It’s gorgeous! But I agree with above, maybe veil and shape wear to make you feel more bridal!
  • Ava
    VIP May 2022
    Ava ·
    • Flag
    Ok first of all, you do not look like a “fat sausage”.
    However, I completely understand having certain hangups about physical appearance. All of us girls do I think! That being said, if you are wanting a more hour glass shape or more coverage so you don’t feel self conscious, you could always get a removable tulle skirt to wear over the dress. There are lots of options that have layers similar to the current skirt of your dress.
    Then, if you are feeling comfortable as the night progresses, you could always remove the skirt for the reception if you want to.
    So my dress came in that i bought based on photo... 3

• S
    Dedicated June 2021
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    There is built in shape wear to the dress. Maybe a belt will help. Feels like 2k dollars got waisted
  • M
    Savvy August 2022
    Marion ·
    • Flag
    I love the back of it!! You could try adding a belt to define the waist or wearing shape wear under it too?
    Why don’t you like it anymore? Is it because of what your fiancé said?
    You have to remember you’ll be all done up on the day and will look all bridal with a veil and flowers- that changes the look of a dress so much!
  • Sav
    Dedicated November 2021
    Sav ·
    • Flag
    I think you look awesome in that! It fits reallly well. I’ve been to a lot of weddings, and sure some of them I’ve been like “Okay, maybe I wouldn’t have picked that dress” but honestly if I saw you walk out in that I’d be impressed
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    I haven't shown my dress to anyone. Not one single person bc I didnt want any negative comments. Your dress looks fine to me.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is gorgeous & very flattering on you! What accessories (besides the belt) will you be wearing? Veil?
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    That dress looks amazing on you! It shows your curves and waistline off which you rock! There’s a reason you chose that dress. FH probably won’t even remember it from the pic. I would look at accessories next...a sash/belt, veil, jewelry, etc.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Looks like you need more breast support which will elongate your figure. Also an up do will give your neck more length and make you appear taller. I would not add a belt. Belts tend to enhance the waist having the opposite desired results. Also choose a delicate necklace that rests just before the cleavage to bring attention to your neckline. A veil will also enhance your dress nicely adding to the elegance of your look. You are going to look beautiful on your big day. Remember half the look is about confidence.
  • S
    Dedicated June 2021
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    If i change the top and make it more low cut with support will that help you think? I have a veil that just clips in the back. Now that you say this i am saying bye to the belt lol.
    Im small chested so that doesnt help. Once i had it on i thought i need to do something their for sure.
  • A
    Expert June 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I read your post and was surprised to see such a beautiful, figure-accentuating bridal gown as the picture!! The dress is classy and also dramatic and highlights your hourglass figure! I think in the first pic, it's so easy to see the hourglass component on the left side because of the contrast of the dress vs. the background...but then on the right side of the picture, the edge of the dress blends in with the other dress on the rack behind you, so the snatched waist isn't as easy to see, but it's there!! And your photographer is not gonna put you against a backdrop that's the same color as your dress lol. I honestly think and hope that once you add your jewelry, shoes, veil, etc....you are gonna feel so differently!! I truly hope so. I doubt that any groom can envision how his future wife will look on their wedding day, even if they saw a picture of the exact dress on the hanger or on some other woman. Your fiance clearly loves you and is gonna be so awe-struck once he sees you walking down the aisle in that beautiful, classy, va-va-voom, stunning gown that is perfect for you!

• Katie
    VIP August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    You are very beautiful and definitely do not look like a fat sausage. If you don't like it but don't have time to get a completely new dress ask the seamstress what they can do to it in the time frame.
  • Katie
    VIP August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Also do you think your fiancés reaction to the dress is making you feel the way you do?

Plus once you have the whole look put together hair, makeup, accessories you might love the entire look
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Even with a small chest you can lift your bust up with some extra padding and a good bra. You should ask the person making adjustments what they think. I don't think making the neckline lower is necessary, though with a small bust it would suit you. Accessories make a huge difference too. Whatever you do, make sure that you are comfortable and happy. Don't stress, you are going to feel great.
  • S
    Dedicated June 2021
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think that is having alot to do with it. I was a bit insecure but thought i will just go for it. Then this happened and now im thinking im a heavier girl and he doesnt like this style. Plus doesnt make the chest area look like i have cleavage or anything.
  • Sharon
    Super September 2021
    Sharon ·
    • Flag
    We are all our own worst critics, aren't we? Try not to be so hard on yourself. Believe me, you do NOT look like a fat sausage. You picked that dress for a reason. Try to remember what you saw and felt that made you think this was yours dress.
    I have to say, stop thinking about what your fiance said about it. Guys haven't a clue about stuff like this lol. He just saw a dress. Just wait until he sees you in it, with hair and makeup done, veil, jewelry and a bouquet, not to mention the bridal glow, walking down the aisle towards him. He'll absolutely turn to mush.
  • MIWM
    VIP June 2019
    MIWM ·
    • Flag

Life is short, If you are not in love with it buy another dress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics