Kristen
Master November 2020

Silly poll about cake flavors lol - Your opinion

Kristen, on July 9, 2020 at 2:20 PM

Posted in Wedding Reception 38

I am looking at two cake places and both have interesting flavors that both sound good and totally different. One has vanilla champagne and one has chocolate amaretto. Which flavor appeals to you more?

I am looking at two cake places and both have interesting flavors that both sound good and totally different. One has vanilla champagne and one has chocolate amaretto. Which flavor appeals to you more?

tenor.gif

38 Comments

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I would go with vanilla champagne. That sounds delicious! Can you schedule a tasting with both bakers so you can try them and see which you prefer?
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    I would go with the vanilla. Some people love people love chocolate but they hate amaretto or are allergic.
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is the downside to personal bakeries it is usually a minimum order but I did ask about cupcakes. I can order some lol and then taste test ya know. Smiley kiss

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah but both charge and this would not be my wedding cake so I am going to go with the more affordable one lol.

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Truthfully if it were plain vanilla I would not choose it lol. People do not have to eat the cake but I am selfish and a chocolate lover lol. I would never order just a vanilla cake but vanilla champagne I am willing to. You make a good point but I do not think anyone I would invite to the brunch is allergic to any alcohols but have other dietary restrictions. Of course any thing that would upset someone's stomach or affect their health I would let them know to be cautious. Smiley smile

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Could but this is for a bridal brunch so not willing to pay for $200 for two cakes lol. They come from two different bakers and the as we all know bakers charge more for their cakes than a grocery store or a pre made cake. LOL

• Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    Both haha. We liked two flavors and ended up doing two tiers one flavor and the other tier the second flavor
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Totally would but two different cake companies lol.

• Martha
    Beginner November 2020
    Martha ·
    • Flag
    Chocolate amaretto!!
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ouch!

I feel lucky! Although I think we’re paying close to that for 6”
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Well...my wedding cake is a two tier and is $95 and the place is a top rated place so I would just go with them but where my MOH is hosting the brunch it is far from it so I do not want to pay a fee or drive out of my way to get it. The delivery fee to my venue is almost half the cake ha ha ha. The one place with vanilla champagne is on the way to my friend's house and even for $75 it is pricey but a part of me wants to splurge and have an expert make my cake for the brunch.

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This our not be the wedding cake but I am doing a two tier for that so based on what we try we might ha ha. These are two different places too lol.

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Kristen - SPLURGE! It’s your special day! Splurged and then I want details! I may have to go to FL (Tampa area?) and try it myself!
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

LOL Yes I will share and that is what I keep saying, it is one day so make it worth it. I would not pa $75 for a cake otherwise lol. Yes in Tampa Bay. New Port Richey to be exact where the place is.

• Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    Vanilla champagne.... but I have a chocolate allergy so....🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Choooooooooooooooooooocolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

...But I'm a chocoholic and it took DH about 5 years to convince me to not have an all chocolate wedding cake. (Yes, we were only engaged for 8 months. He thought ahead.)

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

YAY!

I'm in the Fort Myers area all the time (used to live there and still many friends there) so going there is never an issue for me.

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am a chocolate person too and for me vanilla is plain but vanilla champagne peaked my interest. This cake is for a bridal brunch whereas my wedding cake will definitely have chocolate because both my fiance and I love chocolate. However since he's white and I'm black we have entertained the idea of getting a 1/2 vanilla half chocolate cake hahaha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics