Jen
Beginner September 2019

Silk Flower petals to line the aisle?

Jen, on August 16, 2019 at 10:26 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 4
Saved

I am definitely having real petals on the table since they will be more noticeable but i would save me about 120 dollars to get silk ones for the aisle runner. Since they are the floor I am hoping people wouldn't notice. Thoughts?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Rene, on August 20, 2019 at 1:36 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I went to a wedding where they had real flower petals scattered all over the aisle and floor - it was super annoying aha because people step on it and slip and it gets crushed and dirty. So I think silk flowers would be a better option for sure. I mean people can still step and slip on them but they wouldn't get crushed into the ground like real petals.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I highly doubt people will pay much attention to the aisle petals since the focus will be on you and FH. I wouldn't worry about it!

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

Hey there Jen! I think this is a wonderful cost-efficient alternative! Every penny counts when planning a wedding! As they are going to be by people's feet, I doubt they would notice they are silk. If they do, is it really the worst thing? Personally, if I was a guest, it wouldn't bother me Smiley smile

• Rene
    Beginner May 2019
    Rene ·
    • Flag

People may or may not notice, but either way, I don't think they would mind. It's still a beautiful way to decorate the aisle. Also, just like the first comment above, real flower petals on the ground could get messy if you're indoors. My venue actually stated in the contract that real flower petals in the ceremony space were not allowed. I used silk flower petals and everyone loved the use of them during our recessional!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics