We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Brittany
Savvy March 2021

Should we take a few days to do something?

Brittany, on August 3, 2020 at 5:20 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 8
Saved Save
It seems that COVID-19 is deeply affecting when and where and if we might be able to have a honeymoon. We’re getting married in March of 2021 and we realize we might not be able to do our honeymoon then, but should we still get a hotel for a few days or take a small trip? It feels like we should do something, but I don’t want to shell out money for a trip until we know for sure we can take it. What do you guys think?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on August 4, 2020 at 2:12 PM
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine Online ·
    • Flag
    I would definitely still take some time to enjoy yourselves and your new marriage. It doesnt have to be anything extravagant. I know there are some people who don't even take their big honeymoon trip until their one year anniversary.
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Oh heck year. If could honeymoon got cancelled I may plan a little something local. Check your state requirements and other states and just spend a weekend in a hotel or cabin or something at a good price. Smiley smile

• Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I would definitely plan something. Just check their cancellation policy first.
  • Angel
    Expert August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag

Yes you definitely should! Otherwise, you'll be moping around and sad, no one wants that! Our wedding was cancelled, but we're still having a minimony and going up to Big Sur for the weekend Smiley smile Which is only a 4 hour drive from us, I'd stay fairly local with all that's going on.

• Renay
    Devoted April 2020
    Renay ·
    • Flag

We got married in a small ceremony April 25th. We were supposed to drive to STL (about 1.5 hours from us) after our reception and fly out to Jamaica the next morning. Since we could not do that, we got a room at a bed and breakfast in town and it was perfect. Champagne and a bubble bath, a big four poster king sized bed, and the whole place to ourselves ( minus the inn-keeper 3 stories down). Before going home the next day we picked up lunch from one of our favorite spots and had a picnic in the park right where he proposed.

Even if you can't do what you planned, DO SOMETHING. Honestly this will forever be one of my favorite memories.

That being said, March is still a long way off, and depending on what you were wanting to do, you may not have to change anything. We are going to Jamaica at the end of this month!

• Misty
    Savvy March 2021
    Misty ·
    • Flag
    I am in the same boat! We had planned on having a dream honeymoon to Ireland(St. Patrick’s Day at Guinness Storehouse 😱) but we haven’t even begun to plan that yet! We planned our whole wedding date around the honeymoon! Just don’t know what to do!
  • Brittany
    Savvy March 2021
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We planned ours based on COVID ruining his proposal plans, he was gonna propose near our anniversary, which is March, but had to wait until June. We were going to do November/December, but that wasn’t enough time and everything is still so bad. We were going to do our honeymoon in March/April because it’s down time for Universal Orlando and we wanted to visit it. We’re planning to buy a house next year, so it’ll be hard to afford at that point and it seems like if we don’t honeymoon now, it’s never going to happen.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

You should definitely plan a local mini-moon!! That way you can stay flexible with your plans, but still get away and relax for a few days! Smiley heart

I have plenty of friends who did mini-moons right after the wedding and saved their big honeymoon for later!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles