So we know covid is stretching into 2021- while the restrictions in NY are 50 max, we could easily invite 150. Our wedding date is for September 2021. Should we plan as if the restrictions will be lifted by that time? Currently looking for venues and giving them count of 50, or should I give my max capacity and adjust if needed?
I would plan as if COVID won't be an issue, but also come up with a backup plan just in case. Maybe avoid sending Save The Dates to too many people, just in case you need to downsize your guest list to 50 guests. When talking to venues and vendors, check what their postponement/cancellation/COVID policies are before booking. Also check whether the 50 person limit includes vendors or not, since that could change your guest list count (and don't forget to include yourself in the count too).
I personally would absolutely plan for Covid being an issue. Would you wait until 2022? I signed my contract like a week before this whole Covid thing broke out back before March. My wedding is in the beginning of June. Restrictions have only gotten worse.I really think if you’re not signed into a contract yet, it’s probably better to just plan as if Covid is a thing still or just wait. Unless you don’t mind things like no cake cutting, not dancing, maximum limit for people etc.
I would honestly plan as if Covid is still a thing. Maybe save enough money and ensure your venue can accommodate 150, but I would start off planning with only 50 and then if restrictions are lifted because cases have gone down, then you can add the extra guests. The vaccine roll out is taking a lot longer than they initially projected, so I think those projections of most people being vaccinated and the pandemic weaning by end of 2021 to be a little on the optimistic side rather than realistic.
Plan for both scenarios. I personally am planning as if there are still covid restrictions for my August 2021 wedding, but thats because I'm not great at switching gears, I didn't want to get my mind set on something huge and then have to change it.
Plan as if you can have the full guest count, but I would at least make sure you know what your venue’s backup plan would be if you have to downsize or postpone. Wouldnt make that decision until much closer though. Its much easier to downsize with short notice than to do it the other way around and try to go bigger at the last minute
View Quoted Comment
I’m not signed into a contract yet, but I don’t think my FH and I are willing to wait until 2022. I have thought about it however, since we would love everyone there. I’m also not 100% angry at these restrictions bc it’s less food to pay for (am I wrong for that 😭). Thank you! I may be going the route of planning with covid in mind, and also making sure the venues accommodate 150 in case it changes
View Quoted Comment
Same here! I think this is the best route for me. I get super overwhelmed with planning anything and while it’s 9 months away, I feel like I’m going to blink and it’ll be September 😭 this will put my mind as ease just a little bit
My wedding is in July and honestly hoping Covid wouldn’t be an issue., Booked my venue for 100 guests but at this time not sure what to do.. had my wedding planned since 2019.. already paid in full and their refund policy sucks..
Sadly, the pandemic will still be here and a huge issue. The CDC has already stated restrictions of masks (not sure about venue-specific restrictions) will be here for all of 2021. As far as capacity goes, who knows! It is definitely hard to plan.