Skip to main content
Brittney
Just Said Yes July 2021

September/october brides... thoughts?

Brittney, on May 8, 2020 at 12:44 AM Posted in Community Conversations 2 29
Saved
Reply
Fiancé and I had our first discussion today about how we will decide whether to postpone the wedding we have planned 10/17/20 due to COVID if needed. What are you guys doing to prepare, or are you guys not sweating it?

29 Comments

Latest activity by Paula, on June 6, 2020 at 6:36 PM
  • L
    Savvy September 2021
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag
    9.25 with a guest list of 110 and I’m not canceling unless I’m forced to!
    • Reply
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I’m MOH for a 9/19 wedding expecting ~100 guests and the bride has no intention of cancelling
    • Reply
  • Marissa
    Expert October 2020
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    Getting married 10/10 with about 45 guests and don't plan on canceling or postponing. Just waiting until end of summer (August) to see how things are, then will send out my invites.
    • Reply
  • Bridalbaddie2020
    Dedicated September 2020
    Bridalbaddie2020 ·
    • Flag
    I’m a September 6th bride with only 46 guests so far and I’m not canceling. My venue is still on for September.
    • Reply
  • E
    Dedicated September 2020
    E.F. ·
    • Flag
    Im sept 18 “not sweatin it”
    • Reply
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    We were November, but rescheduled to November 2021.
    • Reply
  • Chelsea
    Savvy June 2021
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is 9/20 and we have a guest count of 100. We are not canceling.
    • Reply
  • Kara
    Dedicated September 2020
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    Wedding 9/12 with guest count of 250 - cautiously optimistic
    • Reply
  • Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag

    8/1 here and not planning to postpone!

    • Reply
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    Set for October 3rd with 30 guests. I’m trying to decide if we can still have our reception or if we should forgo that part in the event that we still have to maintain social distancing. There ceremony should be easier since it will most likely be outside.
    • Reply
  • J
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    We were forced to move ours from 4/4 to 10/17 because the venue was shut down. I don’t think we’ll move it again. We had a little ceremony for the legal part so if we’re forced to consider rescheduling we’ll probably just cancel (and I’ll wear my dress out for dinner sometime lol)
    • Reply
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

    9/12, I'm not too worried about it; I think we all have a thought in the back of our minds about what is going to happen. But overthinking it is going to cause more stress and anxiety. We have 148 on the guest list with no plans to cancel.

    • Reply
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

    Ours Is 10/17. We're Still Planning As We Normally Would With No Intention To Postpone Unless It's ABSOLUTELY Necessary. I Think We Will Be Okay By Then But It Also Depends On What State Your Wedding is Being Held In, What With The Phases Of Reopening. Hopefully Nobody Has Any Issues! Goodluck Smiley heart

    • Reply
  • Brittney
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Brittney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We’re in CA With a lot of people coming in from out of town on the East Coast
    • Reply
  • Taran
    Expert September 2020
    Taran ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    I'm so happy to see another bride with a higher guest count! I've been feeling crazy for not having cancellation plans for a 165 guest count. We're 9/19

    • Reply
  • J
    September 2020
    Jessie ·
    • Flag

    Virtually everywhere, that's supposed to be safe. But in my sister's state of Illinois, the ban has been described as indefinite. I would really like advice from anyone else in Illinois specifically about the plan, because we still haven't decided.

    • Reply
  • Anna
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Anna ·
    • Flag

    I apologize in advance for the long answer!

    We're in PA, our wedding is scheduled for 10/3, and we're expecting 100-120 guests. We also had our first real discussion on it today and after much research we decided not to sweat it yet.

    From what I've found, the science on COVID says there are simply too many moving parts to know what's coming this Fall. However, historical data shows other pandemics fading then returning in full force once flu season hits, which - you guessed it - kicks off in October.

    So why are we not worried yet when that sounds less than ideal? We're going with the "it's too soon to tell" argument. I asked my venue coordinator if they have other Fall couples pushing back their dates and she said nobody has moved. Of course that doesn't mean there won't be a second wave and plans won't change, but I'm glad to know we don't have to make a decision right now to beat out other couples for reasonable 2021 dates!

    Ultimately, I'm holding out on this decision until early August. I feel like by then we'll know whether we can still have the wedding (and have it the way we want) or if we will need to make plans to postpone. If you really feel the need to do something, I'd just run the possibility of postponement by your vendors to see where they stand on date flexibility or returning your deposit if need be. That way, you'll know what challenges lie ahead should the date change prove necessary!

    • Reply
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

    Hi Brittney! I've seen a ton of October brides sharing their current feelings in this discussion, you should check it out: October Wedding.

    And WeddingWire has started gathering resources and expert tips in Our COVID-19 Weddings Advice Guide!

    • Reply
  • Kelly
    Savvy August 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I’m 8/28/20 and our wedding is as planned for now !! We’re hoping for the best. I feel like at this point I don’t want to make any quick decisions and then regret it later on..
    • Reply
  • S
    Beginner June 2021
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    I'm in IL! In phase 4, it's 50 or fewer for gatherings. We can't move to phase 5 unless there is a treatment, vaccine, or herd immunity. I'm not happy about it. However, the plan said that the gathering limit is subject to change. So I take that as if we are doing well but there isn't a vaccine yet, then the limit will be raised. Where is she located? Also, is the reception in a restaurant? Under phase 4, restaurants can open with precautions and capacity limits. My guess is that would be a percentage because no restaurant can survive with only 50 people at a time. Plus, restaurants come in all different sizes. There isn't clarity on that yet.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×
ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics