S
Just Said Yes September 2020

Secrets Costa Rica or Sandals St. Lucia

Shannon, on November 23, 2019 at 10:13 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 3
Saved Save
I am going back and forth between the two places for our honeymoon and am having a tough time deciding. My fiancé and I have been to Costa Rica twice, and absolutely love it. From what I've been reading the Secrets resort there seems to have a lot of what we want. My fiancé is more of a pool person and is not a big fan of the beach, I'd rather the beach but am okay with not having the white sandy beaches with crystal clear water, which I know Costa Rica does not have. Neither of us have been to St Lucia and it seems to provide some of the similar adventurous excursions/scenery as Costa Rica. We are both adventurous people and would enjoy such things as deep sea fishing, ATV tours, helicopter tours, hiking, etc. Has anyone been to both places and recommend one over the other? Part of me tells myself to stick with Costa Rica cause we know what it's like/what to expect.. but a part of me is telling me, it's your honeymoon, go somewhere you've never been.

3 Comments

• Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    I’ll go with somewhere new just so if you ever go back you’ll be like this is where we had our honeymoon and is the first thing that pops in your mind.
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·
    • Flag

Hey there, Shannon!

This is a difficult decision, especially when you’re comfortable with Costa Rica and know you will have an amazing time there.

I know that urge to want to stick with something familiar, however, it may be nice as a honeymoon to explore somewhere new you’ve both never been. A true adventure Smiley smile Of course it’s totally your personal preference, but this is how I would approach the decision, especially if both destinations have similar adventures, excursions and scenery.

What does your FS think? What is their preference?

• Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

Considering you guys have been to Costa Rica already, I'd say definitely venture out and explore somewhere neither of you have been! Especially if it seems like a place where you can still get the adventure you're looking for. FH and I will be going to St. Lucia. Looks great and what caught us is the fact that even though you'll be staying at one location, you're able to check out the other 2 resorts on the island.

Comment on this discussion