aseaoflove
Savvy November 2019

Second thoughts on wedding dress, please help!

aseaoflove, on May 24, 2019 at 7:48 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved
I started dress shopping shortly after I got engaged, and knew I wanted something more classic and elegant in my look as that’s how our wedding theme is shaping up to be. I went to a boutique shop and found a dress I wouldn't even have considered when looking through wedding dresses online, but I tried it on, and something about it I thought wow, this looks great on.

I think because I was ecstatic about the style and fit, I completely glossed over the detail later that this dress may not be considered classic, but more boho chic?? Maybe I’m just tripping, but now I’m starting to second guess my choice in dress. Furthermore, I found a dress online that I’m really considering of going to try on.

Have you been in a similar situation and what did you end up doing? Did you abandon first dress and bought another one? If you did, did you eat the loss of first dress or sale it, etc.

For comparison, first dress is the one I got, second dress is something I think leans more towards classic/elegant. Is there much diff between two?

Second thoughts on wedding dress, please help! 1

Second thoughts on wedding dress, please help! 2

Second thoughts on wedding dress, please help! 3

Second thoughts on wedding dress, please help! 4

10 Comments

Latest activity by Sinéad, on July 22, 2019 at 12:04 PM
  • Kelci
    Super June 2019
    Kelci ·
    • Flag
    I had dress regrets as my wedding got closer. I bought my dress so soon after I was engaged and feared I rushed my decision. I kept that dress and don’t regret it now.

Your dress looks very very similar to the other dress in my opinion.

I hope you do what makes you happy in the end.
  • Autumn
    Dedicated September 2019
    Autumn ·
    • Flag
    I do see a little bit of what you are talking about. I think both are very pretty though. Yes the dress you picked is slightly more boho but it is still elegant and classy. I think your accessories and hair will really help choose the vibe of the dress. The second one had her hair up which can give a more classy formal vibe. Also after you make this decision no more looking at dresses!! Lol that’s when trouble starts.
  • Chelsea W.
    Dedicated October 2020
    Chelsea W. ·
    • Flag
    I actually like the first dress better! I think it’s absolutely beautiful 😊
  • Kristen
    VIP June 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I like the first dress better, that back is unique as well Smiley smile
  • Thea
    Dedicated August 2019
    Thea ·
    • Flag

Personally, I wouldn't consider either of these dresses "classic," but I think they're both really beautiful. I like the first dress more - I love that back! I think either dress can be pushed into a more elegant look with your styling/accessories.

• R
    Super September 2018
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s just the way the photo is styled that is giving you boho vibes on the first dress. That dress is very versatile! With a more polished hairstyle and a different setting (like a ballroom or historic estate) rather than a field and beach waves that dress would give off a totally different vibe.
  • Sundae
    Dedicated December 2019
    Sundae ·
    • Flag
    If you feel beautiful in it, that is all that matters. Both are lovely! I agree with PP details will change the feel.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey! They are both beautiful dresses! What one have you decided to wear for your wedding?

• aseaoflove
    Savvy November 2019
    aseaoflove ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey Sinead! I decided to keep my original dress and just go with it. Like others had mention I think so long I get the accessories and hair to look more elegant and “classic”, my gown will come off that way too. Plus I couldn’t justify spending $ on another dress!
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It really is a beautiful dress, and will look amazing on your wedding day! It can be hard to image what you will look like on your wedding day, but once you get your accessories you will definitely see your look coming together!

Have you thought about what type of accessories you would like?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics