We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Ty
Devoted July 2021

Second Dress?

Ty, on December 10, 2020 at 2:38 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 28
Saved Save
Are any of you changing into another dress for your wedding? Or are you staying in the same one all night?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on December 11, 2020 at 1:58 PM
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I will be changing into a second dress. I had planned to stay in my dress all night, but I think the train is going to be a huge pain in the butt when it comes to dancing and barhopping after the reception (and I hate bustles, so thats not an option). Will you be changing into a second dress?
  • Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same here, I was dead set on wanting to stay in my same dress but now I am thinking that the cape sleeves on my original dress will be too much to be in for 6 hours!

I am also having a hard time finding something I love just as much as I love my dress.

• Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl, I felt the exact same way! So I ended up purchasing the sample of my dress (so now I have two identical ones). I am going to alter the sample gown so it is comfortable and convenient for the second half of our reception and barhopping afterward (shortening it into a party dress). Maybe you could consider doing the same thing? If you could find the exact same dress on sale, sample dress, used, etc. you could get it cheaper then have the sleeves altered.
  • Michelle
    VIP October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Staying in the dress the entire time. It's the only day in your life you will be able to wear it and they are not cheap. So wear it as long as possible and make sure you can easily walk and dance in it when trying them on. Outside of brides marrying into Asian families who do cultural dress changes, I have never once in real life seen a bride with a second dress.
  • Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Changing into a 2nd!!! It's still another whole wedding dress lol just a little less formal and more boho ish to fit the reception.
  • Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Great way to look at it! Smiley smile

• Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My dress is being custom made so unfortunately I am not able to. Smiley sad

• Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

LOL. Sweet! I think I want to, but my dress is so beautiful but may be difficult to move around in. I am thinking something

Second Dress? 1

like this..
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I am wearing my same dress all day/night! It's the only time I'll ever get to wear it, and I want to wear it for as long as I can.
  • Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yessss this is beautiful! Definitely get something you can move in. Because you love your first dress so much maybe practice around the house a few times to see if you'll even need a second. Try dancing around, sitting, walking up the steps lol and things like that.
  • Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol, how will I do all this without my FH seeing me! Jk, but yes. I may not need it, just thinking that it may be a cute ad on.
  • Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m thinking I might as well!
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar January 2022
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I'm still torn. I love my dress but I'm not sure if it's a dress I really want to bustle. At the same time, I'm not sure if I'll be able to really stay in it all night because of the train lol. I might look into doing one of the little loop things where you can attach it to your wrist. We'll see.

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    I originally thought I wanted to change into another dress but then I thought it would be a waste of money for me to spend what I did on my wedding dress to have it on for an hour. So I'm keeping on the same dress
  • Eyonna
    Devoted May 2021
    Eyonna ·
    • Flag

I wanted to do this but thought about it (before I found my dress) and came to the realization that I want to stay in it; I won't be able to wear it again. After I finally found my dress, that definitely solidified that I will be staying in it the entire time. I love it. Its a personal choice if that is something that you want to do.

• Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m so happy you found your dream dress! I did too! I love everything about my dress and it’s the only time I will wear it! Maybe once I get the dress (I ordered it from a EU designer) and put it on that will solidify my thoughts.
  • Eri
    Super October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag

I stayed in one dress and it still felt like I barely got to wear it! Never considered changing since I loved it so much.

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

I wore the same dress for the ceremony and reception, but I changed into a short white dress for the after party.

• L
    Beginner April 2021
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

I'm leaving mine on all night. I'm thinking certain dresses probably don't look best with bustles, so seems your decision would be based off that too. I have a ball gown style dress, so I think the bustle looks fine with mine.

• Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aaaww! Smiley smile it probably was so beautiful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles