Quay
Beginner July 2020

Save the dates

Quay, on February 9, 2020 at 10:33 PM

Posted in Do It Yourself 36

So I'm not trying to spend a lot of money on invitations for save the dates or the original invitations at all. Please let me know websites or any other way I can make save the dates and it won't cost me much at all
So I'm not trying to spend a lot of money on invitations for save the dates or the original invitations at all. Please let me know websites or any other way I can make save the dates and it won't cost me much at all

36 Comments

• Meganandlonginittonguyenit
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Meganandlonginittonguyenit ·
    • Flag

We used AnnsBridalBargains and it was great $100 for everything invitation, response card, extra detail card inner and outer envelope printed on front and back.

• Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag

Our Save the Dates cost $40 for 150 (most people don't need that many). We got them on Vistaprint - they have a 50% off sale right now and have frequent sales!

https://www.vistaprint.com/stationery/invitations/templates?langid=1&couponAutoload=1&GP=02%2f13%2f2020+16%3a36%3a12&GPS=5618661379&GNF=0&rd=1

Check out Ann's Bridal Bargains for inexpensive invitations! They have 20-50% off sales frequently!

• Cortney
    Devoted August 2020
    Cortney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Agree, we are using Anns. Just sign up for their sale emails, you can likely find a 30% off plus free shipping depending on how much time you have to wait for it.

We used Shutterfly for STDs and were NOT impressed. The background really did not look like what was online or what was described as a marble look.

• Cortney
    Devoted August 2020
    Cortney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

50%! I haven't seen that yet in the Ann's emails but I hope I do soon!

• Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It might have been a one-time Black Friday sale but I definitely think I saw 50%! Looks like they currently have 20-35% off for their Valentine's sale!

• Cortney
    Devoted August 2020
    Cortney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks. I thought it was 30% on Black Friday but I also can't remember for sure Smiley smile I have definitely seen 30% a couple of times since!

• Jamie
    Expert May 2020
    Jamie ·
    • Flag

We ordered ours through Vistaprint during their Black Friday sale (60% off) and only spent $38 on 100 photo magnets. I can't remember now but it was a great price!

• Cortney
    Devoted August 2020
    Cortney ·
    • Flag
    By the way - some my have reasons for not doing what we did, but we decided to only have online and phone RSVPs. This allowed for fewer papers in the invitation and we don’t have to pay for return stamps that may or may not be used.
    When considering postage, you’ll want to minimize the weight of your invitations. My postal worker said some pay upwards of $2 per invitation on stamps (to mail, not including return stamps)!
  • Pattie
    Expert June 2020
    Pattie ·
    • Flag

Send a digital invite through this website. if you have input your guest list it will keep track of RSVPs too. I give it two thumbs up!

You could always go the etsy route and get a digital template and email that OR print at staples.

• Kiara
    VIP August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    I went with anns bridal bargin they were 39cent
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

Etsy Has Alot Of Cheap Options Or You Can Buy A Template And Print Your Own.

• Amanda
    Savvy November 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

How was your experience with Ann Bridal? I'm thinking about using them.

• Jessica
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I made my own! I work at a company that makes boxes and I took some of their scrap cardstock, cut it into smaller sheets, typed up what I wanted on microsoft WORD, and printed them. I then cut them out, bought some picture prints from Walmart, double sided tape, a hole puncher, and some jute twine and went to town! They’re super simple but they got the job done. Costed me under $20 for 50+ Save the Dates!Save the dates 1

• Kiara
    VIP August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Save the dates 2

Save the dates 3
    I did 2 different ones couldn't decide
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Actual printed save the dates did not even exist until about 18 years ago, and more than half of the weddings we are invited to, they are not used. And where they are used, they are only for people traveling who need a lot of information early. For decades before, for advance notice to people one wanted to invite, it was done by phone, letter, or email. Decide what you want, make your own electronic card with a paint or graphics program, or just usual email with a photo attached. The only thing about email is that though you can use the same body if the email copied for everyone, you should address each one individually and send. Many people do have a spam filter for group emails. People need the info. But don't necessarily need a STD.
  • Monica
    Dedicated October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    I got magnets that I designed with some ideas from snap fish and they were pretty cheap. I know you can also do it at Walgreens for pretty cheap as well. I also checked out Pinterest and there was some other ideas as well where you could make your own so I think you can’t go wrong as long as it’s what you want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics