Quay
Beginner July 2020

Save the dates

Quay, on February 9, 2020 at 10:33 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 1 36
Saved
So I'm not trying to spend a lot of money on invitations for save the dates or the original invitations at all. Please let me know websites or any other way I can make save the dates and it won't cost me much at all

36 Comments

Latest activity by Monica, on March 13, 2020 at 10:31 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    You could print them yourself. There's websites that have free templates and let you save as PDF to print.
  • Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

Also can look at options online and wait or look for coupons.

• L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

I bought STD from Costco. I bought postcards so postage was less. I just ordered my invites from them too. They are $16.49 per $25. With rsvp and a detail card, it was about $100 for 50.

• Jessica
    Expert February 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

I printed out my own STD's (I only needed 40 though and I was able to print 4 to a page) and then I had them cut at FedEx for $2 dollars a cut. As for the invites I made my own on canva.com, maybe a little more work but the website is super user friendly and I use it all the time to make flyers for work, and then I had them printed at walgreens. I had a 50% off coupon so I only spent $16 for 40 5x7 invites and they came with envelopes. I think in total I spent maybe $60 on STDs, invites, and postage (I also hand delivered to the people I saw regularly).

• Onya
    Expert October 2020
    Onya ·
    • Flag
    I’m going to make our invites since I️ have The software. When it comes to printing and on what paper I️ still Have to figure that out. Lol
  • Monica
    Dedicated October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Vista print and snapfish are super cheap and you can custom make your own with your pictures. It’s easy and professional looking too.
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    Paperlesspost.com great options
  • Molly
    Dedicated October 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I got mine at walgreens for $23!!!

look for all photo sales or specialty card sales. i got a 60% off all photo and i ordered about 80 of them. so it was a steal.

• Tina
    VIP March 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    There’s a website called wedding chicks and they have free changeable templates for whole invitation suites. You input the info and then print it off in your printer. All you’ll need is the card stock.

https://www.weddingchicks.com/2_wedding-invitations.html
  • F
    Dedicated September 2020
    Furure Mrs. ·
    • Flag

We bought a downloadable template off of Etsy, it was only $6 and they look beautiful! We emailed them to keep costs down because we aren't having a very formal wedding and we know none of our guests will be offended. Otherwise we would have only had to spend a few more dollars to print them.

• F
    Dedicated September 2020
    Furure Mrs. ·
    • Flag

We bought a downloadable template off of Etsy, it was only $6 and they look beautiful! We emailed them to keep costs down because we aren't having a very formal wedding and we know none of our guests will be offended. Otherwise we would have only had to spend a few more dollars to print them.

• Ashley
    Super October 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

We used zazzle. They have good deals a lot

• Raechyl
    Beginner October 2020
    Raechyl ·
    • Flag
    Photo affection! I got 120 STD’s for only $99!
  • Cassandra
    Beginner December 2020
    Cassandra ·
    • Flag
    We did our STD’s on VistaPrint $50 for 50. And when it comes to invitations I’ll probably use them again. They have deals on and off throughout the year.
  • Ali
    Dedicated September 2021
    Ali ·
    • Flag

I don't know the prices but a friend of mine just gave me a ZOLA pamphlet with a coupon code for 50% off save the dates. (code: LOVE50) I don't know if it works or what but I hope it helps!

• Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

Save the dates aren't required so you can totally skip them altogether or send them digitally.

• Shania
    Devoted September 2021
    Shania ·
    • Flag
    I made an event page on fb and tagged everyone that was invited. For those who didn’t have fb I just texted them lol
  • Morgan
    Savvy April 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    I went with Paperless Post for both. Cost me $100 to send them out to approx. 50 people
  • Emily
    Dedicated October 2019
    Emily ·
    • Flag

I used Vista Print and found 25% and 50% coupon codes online that I applied to the orders which saved me a good amount of money. For the save the dates, invites, rsvp cards, menus and thank cards I spent around $300.

• Amanduh
    Devoted January 2019
    Amanduh ·
    • Flag

There are a ton of different websites that offer cheap options for save the dates and wedding invitations. Most websites charge a certain price for a customized card, then multiply that by the number of guests you have, however, you can get deals on the cards if you order a certain number of them, or order both STDs and invitations together.

Like someone said below, the absolute cheapest way to get save the dates/invitations would be to download free templates and print them yourself, but they will come out cheap if you do it that way. Even though saving money while planning a wedding is a goal for pretty much everyone, there are some things that you don't want to cheap out on, one of those being the stationary.

We used MagnetStreet for both our save the dates and our wedding invitations and everything came out beautifully. We wanted to be a little more creative and we had some extra money in our budget so we got the save the date magnets that people could stick on their fridge: https://www.magnetstreet.com/shop/save-the-date-magnets

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics