Kayla
Savvy October 2020

Save the date

Kayla, on August 1, 2019 at 1:09 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved Save
When is a good time frame to send save the dates? We are not getting married till October 2020

10 Comments

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

Save the Dates usually get sent at most a year until the date!

• Cassy
    Devoted September 2020
    Cassy ·
    My wedding is September 2020 and I’m sending mine out next month! I’m sending mine out a year in advance since the majority of my guests will be traveling pretty far plus it’s a holiday weekend. If you have a lot of traveling guests I’d say a year out, if they’re mostly local maybe a little less than a year.
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

Save the dates typically go out 6-8 months before the wedding.

• Brittany
    Devoted October 2020
    Brittany ·

Hey, congratulations! And we are getting married in the same month! Whoo! Also, I am sending mine out next month in September. The rule of thumb so to speak is a year out but I am wanting to do it next month to give people more time to prepare because I have a lot of people flying in.

• Cristina
    Dedicated October 2020
    Cristina ·

I think it depends on if you have a lot of family out of state. We are also getting married October 2020 but we aren't sending ours out until 7 months prior to the wedding and the actual invitations will be sent 3 months prior to the wedding.

• Clare
    Savvy May 2020
    Clare ·

Seems like it’s pretty dependent. Since our wedding is a holiday weekend, we sent ours out in July 19 for a May 20 wedding. If you’re having mostly local, non-holiday weekend, non-destination wedding— Then 6-8 months is plenty. The second you send the save the dates, it’s like everyone wants to talk about the wedding and you get excited to send the actual invites... so make sure you don’t punk yourself by sending too early.

• Erica
    Devoted October 2020
    Erica ·
    I'm getting married in October 2020 too and was planning to send mine out in January/February
  • Lisa
    Devoted October 2020
    Lisa ·
    I’m getting married October 2020 and will be sending my save the dates out by the end of this month. Only because we’re having a destination wedding and I want people to have enough notice to start putting their deposits down. Our due date for the rooms are July 2020 so I want ppl to have payment plan options versus paying all up front.
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·

Hey Kayla Have you decided when to send your save the dates out?

• Kayla
    Savvy October 2020
    Kayla ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We have decided since none of our family is out of state just out of town we are going to send ours in January that gives them 9 months to plan for the wedding

Comment on this discussion