Tina
Dedicated June 2020

Sandals in Jamaica--which location is best?

Tina, on November 16, 2019 at 8:55 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 6
Saved Save

We have decided we want to go to Sandals in Jamaica for our honeymoon, but there are 6 locations. Which location is best and why? We want to decide, but they all look beautiful. Any thoughts are helpful!

6 Comments

• Ingrid
    Super October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    I think it depends on what you're looking for. We chose SouthCoast because of the more laid back, quiet atmosphere. From what I read Montego Bay is much more active and popular. You can compare the Resorts side by side on their website to see which one will suite your tastes and expectations.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Tina!!

How exciting to be planning your honeymoon! Have you ever been to Jamaica before? How long are you planning on being on honeymoon for?

Are you planning on traveling or going on any excursions while you are there? If so, I would recommend choosing a location that is easily accessible for this.

Is there any other amenity that is high on your priority list for the resort you choose?

• Tina
    Dedicated June 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We ended up deciding on Montego Bay
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Amazing! Congratulations!! How long will you be there for?

• E
    Devoted November 2019
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You can hear the nearby airport from Montego Bay and Royal Caribbean. If you can switch to another sandals, I would. We are at Royal Caribbean as I type this.
  • Suzie
    Expert October 2020
    Suzie ·
    • Flag

My sister stayed at the Ochi resort and loved it. She was actually advised not to stay at Montego Bay, it’s in a poor part of the country, and isn’t as safe ( off resort) or nice. She said Ochi was also down the hill from another other resort, and much easier to travel to. If you can change it, I would.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics