We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Aida
Devoted May 2021

Same Place?

Aida, on March 20, 2019 at 1:54 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 115
Saved Save

Are any of you lovely ladies having your ceremony and receptions taking place at the same location or are some of you doing the ceremony in one place and reception in another?

115 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on September 19, 2019 at 5:47 PM
  • Sherrie
    Expert August 2019
    Sherrie ·
    • Flag
    Mine is an outdoor ceremony and inside reception on the same grounds.
  • kelsey
    Devoted June 2019
    kelsey ·
    • Flag

We are having it at two totally different locations. across town ( about a 30 minute drive away)

lol i feel like we only realized how completely inconvenient this is for literally everyone so we decided to rent a shuttle bus to pick people up from where the reception is being held (have people park there) and bring them across town and then back to the reception.

• Kristen
    VIP June 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    Mine are in the same location! Most of our guests are traveling to come to our wedding so out of respect for that and not being familiar with the area, we didn’t want to have them to have two places to go to, especially since some are flying in and using Uber while here
  • Jessica
    Super May 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Same location-- outdoor ceremony, indoor reception.
  • Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag

Hi Aida! We're having the ceremony and reception in the same place. Our wedding is being held at NOAH'S Event Venue in Charlotte, NC

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    We are having our ceremony and reception at the same place. It happens to be a hotel so for out of town guests they just have to book a room at the hotel. They don't have to worry about traveling to multiple places for the wedding.
  • Katie
    Dedicated October 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Mine are in the same place because it's a ton easier to plan it that way
  • Bluey8616f
    Devoted August 2018
    Bluey8616f ·
    • Flag

We had both at the same place. Mostly because it was easier for logistics and transportation costs.

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    Hey Aida!
    Our ceremony and reception will be in the same location. They'll flip the room after the ceremony.
  • Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    My ceremony is on the stone patio outside the reception hall. But if it’s too cold or rainy we’ll move it inside.
  • Catherine
    Savvy April 2020
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

Different location! Only about 15 minutes apart from each other!

• Jeanelle
    Super September 2018
    Jeanelle ·
    • Flag
    We had everything in one place. We aren't religious so everything was at a restaurant that was beautiful and had an open floor plan. Truthfully we planned the entire event feeling as effortless and fun as possible eliminating travel and wait times for both the guests and ourselves. It made the entire day more pleasurable and less stressful.

We had 100 guests for a daytime Sunday brunch wedding last September. The start of the wedding was the reception at 11am with food and drinks. Two hours in after everyone was full and toasty, the staff pulled it the brunch station tables and brought in a platformed stage. we had the ceremony which lasted 30 mins. There was no flipping of the room, people stood or sat where they were, gathering around us. Right as we were announced as married the beat dropped and dancing began and didn't end until 630pm. We had all our photos done in advance to guests arriving and spent the entire day with them.

From many guests we were told it was a crazy fun wedding and they liked not having a cocktail hour or a stuffy service, and they loved that everything was in one place.

We wouldn't have done it any other way and definitely recommend doing it all in one place.
  • Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

Our entire wedding is at the same venue, but in different locations! Our ceremony will be outside in a garden with a gazebo (in a gorgeous refurbished barn as our plan B), our cocktail hour will be in the basement "speakeasy" bar, and our reception will be in the grand ballroom.

• Amelia
    Expert June 2019
    Amelia ·
    • Flag

Same location! Ceremony will be in the garden right next to the venue, Dinner in the mansion, and dancing underneath the tented patio!

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

Same location, this worked better for us because we are having it at hotel/ ballroom venue. Most of FH's family is from out of state so this just worked better for everyone involved.

• T
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Tabitha ·
    • Flag
    Same place for us. We actually ended up choosing the venue based on which had the best ceremony space. My fiancé just really didn't want to deal with the trouble of transportation, especially with the majority of people coming from out of town.
  • S
    Devoted April 2021
    Soon2BMrsR ·
    • Flag
    Two venues here. Early evening church ceremony, then dinner reception at a nearby hilltop resaurant. We would have had the reception at the church site, but the cost to get it upto what I wanted than just going to a venue that already had everything would have sacrificed the comfort of our guests.
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

My ceremony and reception will be at the same location. Ceremony outdoors, and reception indoors.

• JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·
    • Flag

I had mine all in the same location. Made things so much easier.

• Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag

We'll be at the same place for both, but have the ceremony outside - weather permitting. Unfortunately there aren't any hotels super close, so out-of-towners will have to drive about 10 minutes. Not too bad, if you ask me!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics