Allie
Rockstar August 2019

Rsvps: Deadline today! fyi

Allie, on July 15, 2019 at 2:23 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 37
Saved Save

My RSVP deadline is today! For reference: I invited 107 guests and have received RSVPs for 38 people. 31 are attending and 7 have declined. I'm giving them a few more days, then at the end of this week and next week I will be contacting people. We did an online RSVP option at Zola.com. I have gotten some verbal yes and nos from people, but I didn't want to RSVP for them until after the date. We will have to contact around 40 people to find out if their party is attending. I'm really not annoyed because I'm not surprised at all.

37 Comments

• CourtneyBrittain
    Master August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    • Flag
    I’ve had to contact over half of my 280
  • Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's crazy! I'm just curious to see how it's going to play out because most people are way out of town and would know by now if they are coming to our DW. I think people just don't find it important to RSVP "no".

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I know the struggle! I'm glad you aren't surprised, I wasn't either. My mom was super annoyed but I 100% expected to have to contact people, so having to reach out to 61 people made sense. We started the day after our RSVP date, which ended up being fine since we didn't receive anymore in the mail so it's not like someone sent them and we just hadn't received it yet.

• Mandi
    Rockstar March 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    I wont be surprised... but I will be annoyed. Kudos to you.
  • Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah, I guess since its an online RSVP and I'm not waiting on any in the mail, I could just start calling tomorrow. Some of them are just close family members who assumed they didn't have to RSVP and a lot are my FH's family who probably aren't coming (too far away).

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm sure after my first few texts/calls, I will be annoyed! haha

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Whatever you want to do! We started texting/calling Tuesday, but Wednesday we had heard from 35 people. So that was nice!

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Mine will be pretty quick and easy. FH has the most to do so I've got to start bugging him about it. It would be nice to know soon so I can finish up my seating chart!

• Meghan
    Super September 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I'm really interested to see how many people we have to chase down for RSVPs.

Already one of FH's uncles told FMIL and FH's aunt that he and his wife wouldn't be coming (understandable, sadly, as his wife was recently diagnosed with cancer) and he told FH's aunt that he wasn't going to send the RSVP card back when she asked about it and she yelled at him to send it in. Smiley xd

Sometimes I feel like the people not coming feel like they're going to hurt your feelings or something by RSVPing no, but really, just tell us!

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I know! The sooner I know, the better. I'm tired of obsessing over my seating chart with my guesses of who is coming lol.

• Madison
    Devoted August 2019
    Madison ·
    • Flag

RSVP's seem to be the worst part of this stage of wedding planning! Only 38 of 107 people?? Especially since you gave an online option to RSVP....

Our RSVP deadline is this Friday, July 19th, and as of today we have:

Invited: 133

RSVP Yes: 115

RSVP No: 9

No Response: 9

Definitely NOT what I was preparing for. We expected a lot more "No's" since it's a Friday wedding and Out of State for about 1/2 our guests. I've been pleasantly surprised how many people actually did RSVP. We will still most likely have to contact those last 9 guests, but not as bad as we were expecting!

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's really great!! I know 38/107 is a lot lower than I expected. I at least thought my half of the list would have it together haha. We also sent Save the Dates since the wedding is far away for everyone. I plan my travel at least 2 months in advance sooo I would know by now if I was coming or not.

• Madison
    Devoted August 2019
    Madison ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Agreed! We sent STD's about 10 months from the wedding, and I figured that would help. I'm really Type A, so whenever we get an invitation for a wedding, party, etc, we try and respond that same week as we plan ahead. The people who have not yet responded to our wedding don't surprise me in the least haha

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What bugs me is the people that post on my Facebook wall that they can't wait to see me at the wedding but still haven't RSVP'd lol. Had no clue they were coming until they posted on my wall for my birthday Friday. Then I found out one of my cousins was coming from my brother. He had been making plans with him to hang out the night before but still hasn't RSVP'd. Smiley xd

• Madison
    Devoted August 2019
    Madison ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Omg how annoying! If I were you, I would start reaching out tomorrow, especially since you have online RSVP's. Everyone has access to a phone or a computer these days. We did traditional mail-in response cards, but we still plan on reaching out to people the next day.

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm definitely going to go ahead and start reaching out. There's no point in waiting! Hopefully I can have all the responses by this weekend.

• Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·
    • Flag

You are better than I.. lol i would be so annoyed. i have had a lot of verbal RSVPs and it drives me nuts because the internet is easy... its one click... lol

• Erin
    Expert May 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag

Wow that stinks! I was debating doing a paper RSVP or online. Do you think that affected your outcome?

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Not really. I only had 2 older guests who don't do the internet but let me know when they got the invite they couldn't RSVP online. Maybe a paper RSVP already stamped would make people more likely to send it in? But probably not in my opinion. If I get an invite and I'm unsure if I can go, I hang the invite on the fridge as a reminder to RSVP if its online.

• Erin
    Expert May 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Good to know! Did you just include the website RSVP on the invitation or did you do things separately?

Comment on this discussion