We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Veronica
Expert August 2020

Ring regret?

Veronica, on August 3, 2019 at 8:01 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 44
Saved Save
**dsiclaimer I am no way ungrateful and love my fiancé with all my heart and I know it shouldn’t matter I am just looking for advice**

so my fiancé and I got engaged last September in Maui, when we got back we went to look st rings together because we wanted to be together during the ring picking process and he wanted to me to pick something I’d be happy with, I tried on a few around the mall that same day and kept coming back to my current ring so we got it the same day. Fast forward to the present and sometimes I feel like I rushed picking out a ring and I look at it and feel like it’s too small and I could’ve picked something a bit bigger idk what to do or what I’m really looking for on this but maybe see if someone else has been through this or what would you do?

Ring regret? 1

44 Comments

• Becky
    Dedicated October 2019
    Becky ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s a beautiful ring and perfect size for your finger. How does it look with the wedding band on?
  • C
    Devoted April 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    We are ring twins! I sometimes think that about my ring too, but I am the one that picked out my ring as well! We went shopping in November and he purchased it shortly after. We didnt get engaged until June though. I think once the wedding band is joined with it, it will be absolutely beautiful! I plan on getting mine sautered together and then maybe for the first anniversary getting another band to go in the front of it as well.

Ring regret? 2
  • Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Honestly I think it's perfectly proportioned to your finger and if you do some enhancers on the sides it'll be amazing
  • Veronica
    Expert August 2020
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg ring twins! It looks beautiful on you! I swear sometimes when I stare st it for too long I’m like it feels small but did you get the matching wedding band that goes with the ring?
  • Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Ring triplets. My fiancee picked it out and I love it. I was totally surprised and I like that it's unique(so I thought ha ha)

I wouldn't change a thing, except after sizing it twice....its still too big for my finger, because of my arthritic knuckle 🤷 I found a beautiful band that matches and hope when we get married next June, wearing them both together will make the difference.

Even if someday we upgrade to a larger diamond, I'll always keep this 💍❤

Ring regret? 3
  • C
    Devoted April 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I dont have it yet, but that is what I plan on getting.
  • Porchia
    Beginner September 2020
    Porchia ·
    • Flag
    I have the same ring also! My fiancé picked it out all on his own, and I am in love with it! I went and tried on wedding bands with it ( pic below ) and I fell in love with it even more. In my opinion, the band makes it even more beautiful! Just go with a bigger wedding band.

Ring regret? 4
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I think your ring is amazing, personally! Have you considered an enhancer wedding band? I think it'll give you the look you're going for!

• Lisa
    Devoted October 2020
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I think you’re ring is beautiful! Maybe try enhancers or jackets to give it a more dramatic look. Sometimes I think I might have wanted a diamond rather than an aquamarine. But I love my ring and my FH saved his money and bought what I wanted. It’s a symbol of our love. I truly don’t think size matters.
  • VIP September 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    Yes I don't think you're alone. I also helped pick out my ring. There are times I see other rings and think I wish mine was bigger or a different style, etc. Then other days I fall in love with it all over again. We choose better clarity and color over size. I had fallen in love on the internet with a ring but the jewelry store we went to did not have it in stock so every once in a while I think about that ring. I do love my ring and what is stands for so it is a keeper. I think your ring is beautiful and looks great on you.

Ring regret? 5
  • Renee
    Super October 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    If you kept coming back to that ring, that's the one you really wanted. It's beautiful. Like others have said, size doesn't matter
  • Veronica
    Expert August 2020
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m glad I’m not the only one I don’t want to sound ungrateful at all especially since I’m the one who picked it but yes I go through days where I love it and sometimes thing maybe I should’ve gone bigger but thank you Smiley smile I love yours as well!!
  • Veronica
    Expert August 2020
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you ❤️ I think once I have the wedding band on it’ll give it a lot more sparkle just gotta wait now lol
  • W
    Expert September 2020
    Willow ·
    • Flag
    You are experiencing shrinkage. That means in your head, the diamond "shrinks." The Internet has some articles about how to deal with shrinkage. Put the ring away for a little while, stop looking at other rings, get it cleaned to max the sparkle, etc.
  • B
    Savvy September 2019
    Brendaliz ·
    • Flag
    Its beautiful! Dont forget that you can always add more bling if you like with the wedding band. Honestly I think it looks perfect on your hand♡

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    It's beautiful. Too big would be too bulky too though
  • K
    Dedicated February 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Me too!! He picked mine, but then I went back with him and we picked it together. Sometimes I think I should have picked something else, but really I love it!!

Ring regret? 6
  • Andrea
    Super May 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    Your ring is gorgeous!! I spent a lot of time deciding what i really wanted. After i picked the band I was worried I made a mistake because I picked a band with diamonds and sapphires, I was really paranoid when I finally got the finished product that I would regret the blue. Nope!! It’s the most beautiful ring I’ve ever seen and it just screams “Andrea”. Your ring jumped out at you and that’s why you got it, doesn’t hurt that it’s gorgeous too!

Ring regret? 7

Ring regret? 8
  • Christin
    Devoted May 2019
    Christin ·
    • Flag
    A good wedding band makes so much difference! Shop around and dont automatically buy the one it's supposed to go with. It might be perfect, but you may find something else you like better! This is not the band my ring matches with but it made me fall in love with my ring all over again.

Ring regret? 9

Ring regret? 10
  • Diana
    VIP December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    Nope, your not alone!! I think a lot of ladies are thinking the same thing. I agree I was the same. That was until I FINALLY found a wedding band. Having the right wedding band makes a world of difference. Side note I didn’t have any day in picking out my engagement ring, but I did with my soon to be wedding ring.

Ring regret? 11

Ring regret? 12

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles