Amy Louise
Savvy June 2020

Rescheduling and correct wording

Amy Louise, on March 22, 2020 at 8:15 AM Posted in Planning 0 2
Saved

First, sending everyone good thoughts and health to you and all of your loved ones during this uncertain and scary time. Thank you to everyone coming here to share so honestly how Covid-19 has impacted your special days. My heart goes out to each and every one of you. **we will all get through this** Smiley heart

We, like many others have made the decision to reschedule our date, due to many people traveling and older relatives whom we would be very concerned about.

We have decided to have a small elopement type ceremony with just closest family and the wedding party on our original date of 6/13 and having the reception on 12/12/20.

Many “change of plans” type of cards indicate a complete reschedule. We do plan to have a small ceremony as a part of our reception - do we include that we will be having a small ceremony to elope prior to the reception? I guess I don’t want to surprise people that we are already married.

I hope I’m making sense here. Is it ok to say “we’ve rescheduled, we are holding a small elopement ceremony, but would love for you to join us for our reception to celebrate our wedding on 12/12?”

Thanks for reading. Be safe and be well. Smiley heart

2 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on March 23, 2020 at 10:52 PM
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    This is the message we sent

Hello!Due to recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control, Ryan and I are cancelling our wedding plans and eloping. Hope you can save the date for our formal ceremony and reception.We will be celebrating on 10/31/2020. Halloween. Formal invitations will be sent out at a later date.

• Laura
    Champion June 2010
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Hi Amy Louise! Here's an article that I hope will be helpful: How to Word Your Wedding Postponement Announcement.

You can find that and links to lots more info in our COVID-19 Wedding Support Central community hub of resources.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics