B
Just Said Yes September 2020

Reception order

Brianna, on October 15, 2019 at 1:41 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 3
Saved Save
Hey everyone, I am changing into a reception dress for my wedding and I wanted to know if anyone had an idea on when a good time to change was? Of course for dances in the beginning I will have it on. But I would also like to have it on for the bouquet toss. So is there a specific order I should do things?

3 Comments

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I'd change after the important things (first dance, parent dances, speeches) before the floor opens for dancing. Here was our order:

Introduced into reception, first dance, guests released to buffet, speeches, cake cutting, parent dances, dance floor opened, bouquet toss & garter toss, dancing.

• B
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Brianna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love this! Thank you so much!
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Brianna!

I love hearing from brides who are wearing a different ceremony and reception dress! What are they like? Are they both really different from each other?

Your timeline will obviously be totally dependent on any specific events that you want to be wearing your ceremony dress for, for example, is your ceremony dress comfortable to sit and eat in, or would you prefer to change before you eat?

Comment on this discussion