AEW
Dedicated December 2023

Reception Dress

AEW, on August 1, 2019 at 2:40 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 29

Hi Hi Is anyone thinking about or planning to switch dresses for their reception? I've heard about it and although it's not something I plan to do personally, just want to hear your responses. I saw someone on SYTTD shopping for one and it seems like they can cost the same, if not more than your...

Hi Hi

Is anyone thinking about or planning to switch dresses for their reception? I've heard about it and although it's not something I plan to do personally, just want to hear your responses. I saw someone on SYTTD shopping for one and it seems like they can cost the same, if not more than your actual wedding dress. But hey, if the dress fits . . .

29 Comments

• Reesan
    Beginner September 2020
    Reesan ·
    • Flag
    Spent way too much on my dress to afford a second one. Plus I look darn good in my dress so I want to keep it on all nght.
  • Jazmine
    Expert September 2019
    Jazmine ·
    • Flag
    Yup! I think bustling a dress makes a girl look like she has butt dimples. This is my ceremony dress and my reception dress

Reception Dress 1

Reception Dress 2
  • Tracy
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Tracy ·
    • Flag
    My daddy paid for my wedding dress and it was a pretty big deal for him to be able to do that, so I am wearing my dress as long as possible (through the entire reception) and then will be changing into a lighter dress for the after party. The only real reason I’m doing that is because our after party is on Bourbon Street in New Orleans so I don’t want my nice dress to get ruined dragging it down the street!!
  • J
    Savvy September 2019
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    I’m wearing the dress my grandma and mom wore at their weddings so I plan to change out of it for the reception! We’re doing our first look and pictures before the ceremony. I hope to have enough time to walk around in the dress and greet people with it but then I’ll change into a shorter more comfortable dress! I didn’t want to wear the dress the whole night because I don’t want to get it dirty or ruin it since it’s so special! I bought my reception dress on amazon for $25!
  • Amanda
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Yup!! I got both dresses on sale!! My ceremony dress is a heavy satin and also strapless, additionally, the bustle would have odd placement.

Reception Dress 3

This is my ceremony dress above.

Reception Dress 4

This is my reception dress and will be hemmed.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my goodness Jazmine!! Both dresses are absolutely stunning!!!

I am also obsessed with your Star Wars photo!! 😍

Are you having a Star Wars themed wedding?

• Loto03876
    January 2020
    Loto03876 ·
    • Flag
    I will be changing into a reception dress. At first I was sooo against it, I felt like if I spent money on a dress I'm going to wear that thing until the wheels fall off! 😂. But after finding my dress, it was so heavy that my back was aching only after having it on for 30 minutes, a reception dress became the best idea in the world 😂😂.
    My cousin is making my reception dress and it's going to be blinged out since my wedding is vey plain, but its still going to be easy to dance in.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I’m considering it! It depends on which dress I end up choosing for my ceremony - One is a large ball gown with a long train, and the other is a lightweight mermaid fit. We are having a destination wedding and planning on going barhopping after the reception dinner. If I go with the ball down, I will definitely need a second dress! If I go with the lightweight dress though, I think I could just get a bustle and call it good
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I am waaaaaaay to in love with my dress. I wanna wear it all day long lol no outfit change for this girl!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics